Layers of chocolate pudding, crushed Oreos topped with gummy worms!
- 3.4 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 c. milk
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed
- 10-12 Oreo cookies crushed
- 32 gummy worms
In a medium bowl, add cold milk and sprinkle pudding over top and whisk until well combined.
Let sit 5 minutes to thicken.
Gently fold in whipped topping until well combined.
Spoon into glasses or cups.
Sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies on top of pudding in cups.
Add 4 gummy worms on top of each cup.
Chill until ready to serve.
- The easiest way to crush the Oreos is with a food processor. If you don't have one you can place them in a resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- If you want to use homemade whipped cream instead of whipped topping you can, but they won't hold up as long in the refrigerator. Whipped cream isn't as stable as Cool Whip and will start to break down after a day or so.
- If you want to make them in advance I would use the Cool Whip. If you plan to serve them the day of feel free to use homemade whipped cream if you prefer! The whipped cream should hold stiff peaks before you fold it into the pudding.
- Depending on how long the pudding cups sit in the fridge you might want to wait to add the Oreos and gummy worms until you serve them. Oreos will get soggy and the gummy candy tends to harden when they are chilled.
- When I make this recipe with my kids, they love to mix the pudding and decorating the cups with the cookie dirt and gummy worms. I give them a hand crushing the cookies, folding in the Cool Whip and spooning it into the cups.
- If you don't want to make individual cups, you can assemble it in a baking dish instead.
- If you want to make the "dirty layer" darker in cooler add a little bit of black food gel to the pudding mixture to darken it.
- To stretch the pudding mixture farther add another tub of Cool Whip. It will produce a lighter cooler of dirt and it won't be as "chocolatey".
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 137IU | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg