Moist, easy muffins loaded with shredded zucchini that freeze great!
- 1 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 2 c. fresh zucchini shredded
- ½ c. raisins optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Fill muffin tin with liners and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Add raisins to a small bowl and sprinkle with about ½ teaspoon of flour mixture, toss to combine. This will help them from sinking to the bottom.
In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and oil. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and blend just until combined
Add shredded zucchini to batter and raisins if you are using them. Stir to combine. Divide muffin batter into 12-18 muffin cups.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a middle comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
HOW TO STORE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
This recipe makes between 12 and 18 muffins depending on the size of your pan. I usually freeze at least half of them so we have them for later!
- Fully cool the muffins on a baking rack.
- Once cooled, place them in a freezer bag or other air-tight freezer-safe container.
- Pop them in the freezer and they will keep for up to two months!
- You can thaw them at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Do I have to peel the zucchini for muffins? Nope! Zucchini peel is tender so go ahead and just grate the whole thing! The peel will also give you all those pretty green flecks in the muffins.
- Do they need to be refrigerated? You don’t have to, but you can refrigerate them and they will keep up to a week. Or you can leave them in an airtight container at room temperature for several days. It’s up to you!
- Can I use this recipe to make mini muffins? Yes, if you have a mini muffin pan you can! For 12 regular sized muffins, you should get approximately 36 mini muffins. Remember to adjust to the baking time down because they are smaller.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 2mg