A cocktail with a bit of a kick with a delicious blend of tequila, triple sec, lime juice, agave and jalapeno slices.
- 3 oz. good quality tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 1 lime - juiced
- 6-8 jalapeno slices or more if you want it extra hot
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- Margarita salt optional
- limes for salt rim and garnish
Prepare two cocktail glasses by running a lime around the rims and then dipping rim into a margarita salt, set aside.
In a cocktail mixer, fill halfway with ice and tequila, triple sec, juice from 1 lime, jalapeno slices, and agave nectar.
Shake for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the outside of the shaker is chilled.
Strain the drink evenly between the two prepared glasses.
Top with fresh jalapeno slices and lime.
- The best tequila to use in a margarita is a clear (or silver) one so pick your favorite! Since there's not a lot of ingredients in the drink a high-quality one is best.
- Skip the bottled lime juice and squeeze a fresh lime, it will make all the difference.
- You can substitute simple syrup to sweeten the drink instead of agave.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 453IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg