How to Make Instant Pot Popcorn
Quick and easy Instant Pot Popcorn with only two ingredients! It's a quick and easy way to make homemade popcorn perfect for movie night.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ c. popcorn
- ½ tsp finely ground sea salt
Turn on the Instant Pot, push the saute button, and then the adjust button,select the high saute setting using your adjust button.
Wait for 2-3 minutes until the Instant Pot display says HOT.
Add the coconut oil, and when it melts add the popcorn. Add seasoned salt, and stir around to make sure the popcorn is coated with oil and salt. Make sure the popcorn kernels are in one layer to make sure the most possible pop.
Put a lid on the pot, preferably a glass one. You can use an Instant Pot Glass lid, a glass one from another pan that fits or we used a glass pie plate.
When there is 3-5 seconds between kernels popping remove the pot from the Instant Pot and serve with melted butter if desired.
- I haven’t tested this recipe with a different type of oil because coconut oil is really the best to use for the IP. It will be in solid state and it will melt once the IP is hot.
- Be sure the kernels are in an even layer. They need direct exposure to the heat source so they can heat up and cook evenly.
- Just like stovetop and microwave versions, there will always be a few kernels that just won’t pop! So don’t wait and remove them as soon as the popping sounds slow down. If you wait for all of the kernels, you’ll end up burning the popcorn.
- If you don’t have an IP glass lid you can use any glass lid that fits. Or, try using a glass pie plate.
- I think popcorn is best freshly made, but you can store any leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag. If it’s coated with butter, it won’t keep as long, so keep that in mind.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Iron: 1mg