How to Make a Milkshake
Delicious, creamy homemade milkshakes in a variety of flavors!
- 4 large scoops vanilla cream about 1 1/2 c.
- ¼ c. milk
- Whipped topping for garnish
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Maraschino cherry or strawberry for garnish
For Chocolate Shake
- Add ¼ c. chocolate syrup and use chocolate ice cream
For Strawberry Ice Cream
- Add 4 sliced strawberries
In a blender, combine ice cream, milk and any optional flavorings for chocolate or strawberry versions. Blend until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass. Garnish with toppings like whipped topping, sprinkles and maraschino cherry if desired.
*Nutrition is based on the vanilla milkshake with no toppings.
Do you put ice in a milkshake?
- Oreo Milkshake: Make a vanilla milkshake and add crushed Oreo cookies when you blend the shake.
- Double Chocolate: Use chocolate ice cream, milk, and cooled hot fudge sauce to make a rich and decadent treat!
- Mint Cookies and Cream: Use chocolate or vanilla ice cream and add crushed mint Oreos when you blend.
- Very Berry: Make a vanilla shake with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries with milk to make a fruity creamy shake!
- Mocha Milkshake: Blend coffee ice cream with chocolate sauce and milk to make a delicious shake that tastes like a coffee house drink.
- Tropical Shake: Mix fresh pineapple or mango with a vanilla shake to make a refreshing ice cream treat.
- Banana Milkshake: Blend a banana with vanilla or chocolate ice cream and milk.
- Banana Strawberry: Add fresh banana with strawberries and vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate Caramel: Add caramel sauce to chocolate ice cream and milk and blend them together.
- Peach: Combine fresh peach slices with vanilla ice cream and milk.
Nope! Ice will just make it thin and watery so skip it for the best result!
How do you thicken a milkshake?
If you want a thicker one, just add more ice cream.
How do you make a milkshake without a blender?
You can use a food processor or a hand blender (immersion blender). But making a milkshake in a blender is the easiest way!
Calories: 759kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 795mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 78g | Vitamin A: 1610IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 528mg | Iron: 1mg