Zesty Sriracha Shrimp & Quinoa ~ On the Table in 20 minutes and Loaded with Flavor!
Sometimes I like to get out of my “bubble” in the kitchen a try out a new ingredient or dish that isn’t so “familiar” to my family! Like the Crock Pot recipes, comfort food, casseroles or sweets.
When OXO contact me to be part of the “Shrimp Showdown” hosted by OXO and The Shrimp Council I knew this was the perfect way to try something new and exercise my creative powers in the kitchen!
Best part of this like Showdown? I got 5lbs of shrimp shipped straight to my doorstep! Part of getting out my bubble included learning how to peel and devein my shrimp. First I learned that I wanted to keep my thawed shrimp cool and on ice. I stuck them in my OXO 3 Piece Bowl and Colander Set and it worked perfectly!
With the helpful aid of the OXO Shrimp Cleaner it was so simple so peel and devein the shrimp! This is a must have whenever you peel and devein shrimp I quickly learned! It only took a few minutes and each shrimp was done! When you have 5 lbs of shrimp you need efficiency that’s for sure!
For my shrimp dish I made Zesty Sriracha Shrimp and Quinoa. Since I was getting out of my bubble I decided to go all the way. I had quinoa and hadn’t tried it yet along with Srirach so this was the perfect time to incorporate both of them into a new recipe! I wasn’t disappointed that’s for sure. I know both will become staples in my recipes from now on so I hope you like them too! To add the finishing touches to the dish I grabbed my OXO Flexible Kitchen & Herb Snips and topped the Zesty Sriracha Shrimp and Quinoa with a few green onions. The perfect finishing touch!
Don’t you just want to head dive into that bowl? I know I do! Quinoa and shrimp bathed in an amazing balsamic sriracha sauce is called perfect. Plus it’s on the table in twenty minutes, which is a must in my book. I don’t have time to get all fancy and slave over a recipe for hours. The best part is that no one would think it was so easy. It looks like you did slave for hours. Don’t worry it will be our little secret!
Zesty Sriracha Shrimp and Quinoa
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1 1/2 c. low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha
- In a medium sized bowl combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, pepper, garlic and sriracha. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large pot combine quinoa and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat the sauce in a frying pan over medium heat. Add shrimp to pan. When the shrimp is cooked through and the sauce has reduced so it's thicken add quinoa and stir until well combined.
Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce ~ Amazing and easy plus it’s lightened up!
Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi ~ Easy, homemade supper perfect for the weeknight!
Roasted Garlic Shrimp Pasta ~ Easy pasta smothered in a marinara garlic sauce and loaded with shrimp!