Glazed Carrots are a quick and easy side dish recipe for the weeknight or holiday entertaining! Tender carrots with a brown sugar glaze!
- 2 lbs carrots washed, peeled and cut into ½’’ thick slices
- 1 ½ c. water
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¼ c. light brown sugar packed
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
Combine carrots and water in saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are just becoming tender when pierced with a fork.
Drain water off carrots.
Add butter and brown sugar to saucepan, stir to combine and cook on low until butter is melted and makes a sauce, about 4-5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Substitute Baby Carrots
How to reheat
- I can make this recipe even easier for you in case you don't want to slice carrots! You can substitute baby carrots in place of regular carrots and that means there's no prep work at all.
- Microwave - place the Glazed Carrots in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the carrots in one-minute intervals, stirring in between, until they are warmed through. I recommend doing this in one-minute intervals so you don't overcook the carrots. They will turn mushy if overcooked.
- Stove - place the Glazed Carrots in a saucepan. Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of butter. Heat the carrots over medium heat, stirring to coat them in the butter. Once they are heated through they are ready to serve. It's a good idea to add the extra butter so the carrots don't stick to the bottom of the pan while they cook.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 373mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 19077IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg