Baked Chicken Thighs
Quick and easy dinner recipe! These chicken thighs are tender and juicy on the inside with a crisp skin, plus they are bursting with flavor.
- 2 lbs. Chicken thighs bone in and skin on (~5-6 thighs)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil or olive oil
- Parsley optional garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Stir together mustard, honey, garlic, onion powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, and oil.
Pat chicken thighs dry and thoroughly coat with sauce.
Place chicken skin side up onto a foil or parchment lined 9x13 inch pan
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
If you would like to crisp up your chicken even more, turn on the broiler and broil chicken for 1-2 minutes or until it has your preferred level of crispiness.
Let chicken sit 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Garnish with optional chopped parsley. Enjoy!
HOW TO REHEAT
- Refrigerator – Let cool completely before placing chicken in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezer – Let cool completely before placing chicken in an airtight container. Place in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- Oven – This is our preferred way of reheating because it keeps the skin crispy. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Brush tops of thighs with olive oil, then cover with foil. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degree F.
- Microwave – Place chicken on a microwave safe plate. Cover dish with microwave safe plastic wrap and cook for 2 minutes at at a time or until internal temperature reaches 165 degree F. You can brush the chicken with olive oil before warming to keep it moist.
- We used bone-in and skin on chicken thighs because we think it produces the best results. You can also use boneless or skinless. If you use boneless it will take about 10 minutes less time to cook so keep an eye them.
- Don’t forget to pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. It will help the chicken sear and get nice and crispy!
- Remember to make sure you chicken is at 165 degrees F before consuming. We recommend using a meat thermometer to check it.
- To crisp up the skin turn on broiler and broil the chicken for 1-2 minutes or until skin is at preferred cripsiness. Remember to keep an eye on this as it turns crisp quickly! Don’t burn the skin!
- Let chicken sit 10 minutes before cutting to let the juices redistribute. This will help the chicken be juicy and tender!
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 564mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 167IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg