Rainbow Ice Cream
No churn vanilla ice cream combined with food coloring to make a fun dessert kids love!
- 2 c. very cold heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Food coloring - 6 colors
Be sure whipping cream and condensed milk are really cold
In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form
In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth
Gradually add milk mixture to whipping cream by GENTLY folding into whipped cream
Divide mixture into 6 separate bowls (it will be about 1 cup each)
Color each bowl with a different color by GENTLY folding the coloring into the mixture
Remove container from freezer and drop ice cream mixture by spoonfuls into the container
- It’s very important to whip the cream until stiff peaks form. If you want to learn more be sure to check out my post all about how to whip cream!
- You don’t need any special containers to store it – a standard loaf pan or a square baking dish works great! Just make sure they are freezer-friendly.
- To prevent exposure to air, I like to lay a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper on the surface of the ice cream. Then you can wrap it or secure a lid to store it.
- It will keep well for a few weeks in the freezer as long as it’s stored properly. Store it in the coldest part of the fridge and away from the door. If it’s exposed to warm air it will melt and refreeze – that will create ice crystals and will make the texture grainy!
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 305mg | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 1336IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 1mg