Easy homemade strawberry sauce recipe that's only 3 ingredients and takes 15 minutes!
- 2 c. fresh strawberries cleaned, divided
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ c. water
- Red food coloring optional
Take 1 c. of the strawberries, hull and chop. Add them to a small bowl and mash, set aside.
Hull and chop the remaining 1 c. of the strawberries and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Then stir in water and the mashed strawberries.
Bring strawberry mixture to a bowl, stirring constantly. If you desire a darker red color you can stir in red food coloring at this time.
Cook and stir the strawberry mixture for 3 minutes or until it has thickened.
Remove from heat, stir in reserved chopped strawberries. Transfer mixture to a bowl and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Add strawberry sauce to a jar or container with lid.
Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in airtight sealed container
- For a more vibrant sauce, you can add a small amount of red food coloring before you bring it to a boil in the saucepan.
- To store the sauce, keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it will keep for up to two weeks!
- If you prefer a less chunky sauce, you can mash all of the strawberries and cook them with the cornstarch and other ingredients.
- You can rewarm the sauce on the stove or in the microwave!
- You can easily double this sauce if needed.
Serving: 0.25c. | Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg