Made with store bought or homemade pizza dough these are stuffed with a cinnamon sugar mixture and drizzled with icing.
Servings: 4 servings
- 13.8 oz pizza crust refrigerated
- 4 Tbsp. butter melted, divided
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Unroll the pizza dough, cut into four even squares and place on a greased cookie sheet. Brush with 3 Tbsp melted butter.
Combine the sugar & cinnamon in a small bowl, reserve 1 Tbsp for topping at the end. Sprinkle the rest of the mixture over the two squares of buttered pizza dough. Top with the two non-buttered squares of dough. Press edges together.
Cut each square into 6 strips and brush with the remaining 1 Tbsp of butter. Twist each strip a few times and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle reserved cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
Place baking sheet in preheated oven at 375 degrees F. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
While twists are combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm twists and serve.
I think these are best warm from the oven, but if you have leftovers here’s some tips.
Always store in an air tight container.
- You can use homemade pizza dough. My recipe makes enough for two pizzas so make sure you only use half of it.
You can also use some fun add-ins to spice things up like:
- Chopped Nuts
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Counter – They will be good for 1-2 days.
- Fridge – They will last up to 7 days.
- Freezer – We recommended placing them on a sheet pan and placing in the freezer until froze then transferring to an airtight container also known as “flash freezing”. They will be good for 2-3 months.
Calories: 455kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1.7mg