Taco Chex Mix
Mix up your Chex Mix by adding taco seasoning to it, so it has a kick!
- 4 c. chex cereal
- 4 c. oyster crackers
- 4 c. Cheez-Its
- 4 c. butter spindle pretzels
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. taco seasoning mix if you want it more mild start with 1/8 c.
Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
Grab a large double lined paper bag or a large mixing bowl.
Pour the cereal, crackers and pretzels into the bag or mixing bow. Top with taco seasoning and oil. Fold the top down on the bag and shake or stir the ingredients in the bowl until evenly covered.
Pour chex mix onto two large baking sheets with sides, making sure it's evenly spread out on pan.
Place in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, cool completely and store in air tight container.
Mix up your snack mix by adding different items each time you make it. It’s a great way to use up leftover ingredients that are in your pantry. Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Mix ingredients in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring half way through, or until mixture has begun to brown.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool.
- Store in air tight container.
- Goldfish Crackers
- Wheat Chex Cereal
- Corn Nuts
- Use the exact amount of liquid. To little liquid and the seasoning won’t adhere to the mixture, but if you use to much liquid the snack mix will get soggy.
- You can substitute butter for the oil if you’d like. It’s a 1:1 substitution ratio.
- Don’t crowd the snack mix on the pan. If you don’t have two large baking sheets use 3-4 pans. If you crowd the mixture it won’t cook properly and it will make it soggy.
- Snack mix is done baking when it looks dry, not greasy or wet.
- A quick tip is to store it in snack-size resealable bags for taking on car trips, hikes, picnics, lunches and more!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 670kcal | Carbohydrates: 121g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 1654mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 651IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 16mg