This Homemade Blueberry Lemonade is made with an easy blueberry syrup. It's so refreshing, sweet and tangy. Grab a big mug on a hot summer day. It's the perfect way to cool down this summer!
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 c. cold water divided
- Lemon slices and blueberries to garnish if desired
Place the blueberries, sugar and 1 cup water in a blender. Blend on medium-high speed for about 1 minute, until the blueberries are completely pureed. Strain the blueberry puree through a fine mesh sieve (or skip this step if you don't mind small pieces of blueberry in your lemonade).
Combine the blueberry puree with lemon juice and the remaining 3 cups of water. Add more water, if desired. Stir well, and chill. Serve over ice.
- Strawberries can be swapped for blueberries to make Strawberry Lemonade
- Blackberries swapped for the blueberries would be delicious!
- Taste as you go, you can always add more sugar, lemon juice, or water to make this lemonade exactly how you want it.
- Swap the sugar for honey.
- Add a bit of vodka to the mixture to for a spiked lemonade.
- You will want to make sure you have a blender to make this lemonade. My favorite blender is this one, but if you are on more of a budget this one is great too!
- I like to serve this in mason jars filled with ice and garnished with lemon slices and blueberries. You could even use frozen blueberries to keep it extra cold.
- Straining the blueberry puree is optional. You can see fleck of blueberries in these photos because I didn’t strain it. It will give you more nutrients and antioxidants if you leave them in, but for a less cloudy final result you can strain it.
- Did you know if you microwave lemons they are easier to squeeze? Just warm them up for a few seconds or make sure they are room temperature.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 22.9mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.2mg