Quick and easy burgers with Italian seasonings, Mozzarella cheese and topped with Marinara sauce on a toasted bun.
Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c. marinara sauce
- 4 buns
- Butter for buns
In a large bowl combine 1/2 c. Mozzarella cheese and seasonings. Add beef and mix until combines. Shape into four patties about 1/2 in thick.
Grill burgers over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat sources of 4-5 minutes on each side or until thermometer reads 160 degrees. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and grill covered 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from grill.
Butter inside of each bun and place buns, butter side up, on grill and grill until tops are light golden brown. Remove from grill, top with burger, top burger with marinara sauce.
- We recommend a ground beef of 80/20 because ground beef with higher fat content will make your burgers juicy and full of flavor. For these burgers, I think you can get away with using a leaner ground beef if you desired due to the cheese that is mixed in with the ground beef.
- If you can grab fresh ground ground beef instead of prepacked.
- When it comes to the Mozzarella cheese buy a block and grate it yourself. This gives you the ultimate melt because the pre-shredded cheese have anti-clumping agents that prevent them from giving you the ooey gooey melting cheese you want!
- Make sure to keep your ground beef cold until you need it. This helps prevent it from sticking to your hands when you form the patty.
- Another thing that helps is running your hands under cold water before you touch the ground beef. This prevents it from sticking to your hands.
- When forming your patties do it tenderly. Over handling and mixing your ground beef makes the burger tough and chewy.
- Make a dimple in the center of your patty to maintain their shape as they cook. Do this by pressing your thumb down in the center of the patty. It will magically disappear while cooking, prevent the puffed up bulging center and prevent the burger from shrinking up.
- Don't press down the patties while cooking them. It presses out the natural juices and will make them dried out.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 607kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 1053mg | Potassium: 509mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 329mg | Iron: 13.7mg