Bite sized pinwheels stuffed with a creamy mixture of cream cheese, black olives, green chiles, cheese spread on a tortilla, then rolled up, chilled and sliced.
Servings: 50 pinwheels
- 1 c. sour cream
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 4 oz can diced green chilies drained
- 4 oz can chopped black olives drained
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 8 10in. flour tortillas
Mix all filling ingredients together, except tortillas. Divide filling and spread evenly over tortillas; roll up tortillas.
Roll each tortilla up in plastic wrap, twisting the ends. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Unwrap; cut into slices. Lay pinwheels flat on glass serving plate.
A Few Tips...
How far in advance can I make them?
You can make them 24 hours in advance and they'll be delicious when you're ready to serve them! If you have leftover pinwheels, just pop them in an airtight container and they'll keep well for a few days in the refrigerator.
Do I have to use plain tortillas?
Nope! You can use whole wheat ones or those ones that are flavored - I've seen spinach ones and others flavored with different ingredients. Feel free to experiment!
- Be sure to evenly divide the filling and spread it into an even layer! If you have too much filling it could squeeze out the ends of the tortillas when you roll them up. Also, if they have too much they might not hold together well.
- Don't skip the chilling step! It might be tempting to just wrap and serve them, but giving them time to chill does a couple of things. First, it allows the flavors in the filling to fully develop so they will taste amazing. Chilling the rolls also helps the pinwheels hold their shape once you slice them. They won't fall apart!
- When you're ready to serve them, use a sharp knife and use a sawing motion to slice them. That way you won't smoosh them and they'll have a better shape.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 33mg | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 0.3mg