Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Quick, comfort food at it's best! This casserole is Loaded with vegetables and topped with flaky crescent rolls!
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 10 oz bag mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 1/2 c. cubed cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken
- 1 8 oz tube refrigerated crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a saucepan, whisk first four ingredients until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Add vegetables and chicken to mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Transfer to greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight triangles. Arrange the crescent rolls over chicken mixture in baking dish. Bake until heated through and crescent topping is golden brown about 15-20 minutes.
- Buy some rotisserie chicken from the store and save yourself some time or use leftover shredded chicken.
- Substitute crescent rolls for refrigerated biscuits, just place on them on top for a fun twist.
- You can easily double this recipe and make it in a 9 x 13 inch pan, but adding on some baking time.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in refrigerator.
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1928mg | Potassium: 58mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.5mg