Pesto Pasta Salad
This Italian Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe is an easy pasta salad that's full of flavor! Perfect for any night of the week or take it to your next summer BBQ.
- 8 oz dried pasta, use a short pasta such as penne, rotini, macaroni or something similar
- 15 oz can white kidney beans or great northern beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup pesto sauce homemade or store bought
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the pesto, Italian dressing, beans, tomatoes, olives, and cheese. Stir in pasta.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Top with toasted pine nuts just before serving.
- I STRONGLY suggest you spend the extra time to make your own pesto for this salad if you can. It makes all the difference.
- You can make this pesto pasta salad 24 hours in advance and store in the refrigerator.
- This salad can be changed up very easily. Add in your favorite rotisserie or grilled chicken, any type of short pasta works great or try cheese tortellini, change out the white beans for garbanzo beans, add in fresh mozzarella balls, add cucumber or spinach.
Calories: 554kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 942mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 902IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 3mg