Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Looking for an easy side dish? This casserole is the perfect side dish for the weeknight! Plus, it's perfect for a holiday side dish too!
- 10.75 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup 10.75 oz
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 6 oz french fried onions
- 16 oz frozen broccoli florets thawed
- 16 oz frozen cauliflower florets thawed
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
In a saucepan combine soup, sour cream, 1 c. cheese and 1 1/4 c. fried onions. Stir over medium heat until blended. Add broccoli and cauliflower (thawed), stir until combined.
Transfer to prepared baking dish. Place in preheated oven and baked 25-30 minutes, uncovered. Top with remaining cheese and onions and place back in oven until cheese melts.
- When it comes to baking a casserole, glass or pyrex is your best choice. Both glass and pyrex take longer to heat up, but conduct heat well and get super hot. An oven-safe dish is a must. Another must? Dishwasher safe for easy clean-up!
- If you would like to want to use fresh vegetables you can but you would need to steam or roast them first. This is the perfect time to take a shortcut and use frozen vegetables. This is a terrific pantry-staple side dish!
- I recommend sharp cheddar cheese. It gives a tanginess to the recipe that makes it a real winner! Though you can certainly substitute with Monterey Jack or Provolone Cheese. If you do use a milder cheese a handful of parmesan will add the sharp saltiness of the cheddar.
- Grab a block of cheese and grate it yourself because it will melt better! Pre-Shredded cheese has additives that hinder it from melting.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 638mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 78.2mg | Calcium: 226mg | Iron: 1.1mg