Looking for an easy side dish? This Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole is the perfect side dish for the weeknight! Even your kids will love this Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole topped with cheese. Plus, it’s perfect for a holiday side dish too!
Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
You want to know how to get your kids to eat the vegetables? Start with this loaded casserole! Beyond the cheese, beyond the sour cream and look past the fried onions, it’s nothing but vegetables! Anyway I can get those kids to eat vegetables is a win in my book. They loved this Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole so it’s going on my regular side dish rotation!
And your whole family will love it!
This has been a great side dish and I’ve served it at more family gatherings and it’s so popular on the buffet!
It’s one of my favorite meals for the holidays because it’s easy to make and can be made ahead a day or two, covered with foil and tucked into the refrigerator until you’re ready to heat it up.
Easy, cheesy, delicious!
Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
Shopping list for Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
- cream of mushroom soup
- our cream
- sharp cheddar cheese
- french fried onions
- frozen broccoli florets
- frozen cauliflower florets
What is the best pan to bake in – glass, pyrex or metal?
When it comes to baking a casserole, glass or pyrex is your best choice. Both glass and pyrex take longer to heat up, but conduct heat well and get super hot. An oven-safe dish is a must. Another must? Dishwasher safe for easy clean-up!
Can I substitute fresh vegetables in this dish?
You can but you would need to steam or roast them first. This is the perfect time to take a shortcut and use frozen vegetables. This is a terrific pantry-staple side dish!
What’s the best cheese to use in Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole?
I recommend sharp cheddar cheese. It gives a tanginess to the recipe that makes it a real winner! Though you can certainly substitute with Monterey Jack or Provolone Cheese. If you do use a milder cheese a handful of parmesan will add the sharp saltiness of the cheddar.
See that cheesy goodness? I don’t know what you’ll love more: the cheesiness of this casserole or the crunchy onions when all of this bakes up to golden, bubbly deliciousness! Mmmm!!!!
Even my husband, hater of all vegetables, ate this one up! The cheese, the cheese is the main motivator for him!
How to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
- Preheat the oven.
- Grease the baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the soup, sour cream, cheese and fried onions. Stir over medium heat until blended. Add broccoli and cauliflower and continue stirring until combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Place in preheated oven and bake 25-30 minutes, uncovered.
- Top with remaining cheese and onions and place back in oven until cheese melts.
More easy vegetable casseroles!
- Ham and Green Bean Casserole
- Light Sweet Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
- Shredded Potato Casserole
- Corn Pudding Casserole
Trust me when I say you will love this recipe!!! It’s easy to make, can be made ahead and it’s full of cheesy goodness! I guess the only question is when are you going to make it? 😊 Leave a five-star comment below and tell me what you think!
If you make my recipe please tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats. I love to see a picture of your casserole!!!
Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup 10.75 oz
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 can french fried onions 6 oz, divided
- 1 package frozen broccoli florets 16 oz, thawed
- 1 package frozen cauliflower florets 16 oz, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine soup, sour cream, 1 c. cheese and 1 1/4 c. fried onions. Stir over medium heat until blended. Add broccoli and cauliflower (thawed), stir until combined.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Place in preheated oven and baked 25-30 minutes, uncovered. Top with remaining cheese and onions and place back in oven until cheese melts.