Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Delicious Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars with a shortbread crust that make the perfect fall dessert!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter cubed
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz each, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons white sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
While crust is baking, beat cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar and vanilla in large bowl, until mixture is smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed until just combined. Spread mixture over crust.
Toss apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining 2 Tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Spoon apple mixture over cream cheese layer.
In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, sugars and oats. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
Baked for 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from oven. Cool bars in pan for 1 hour. Refrigerate bars for at least two hours. Drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into bars and serve.
Make-Ahead Tip: You can prepare and bake the bars a day in advance and keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them.
Storage Tip: Keep leftover bars covered in the refrigerator. They will keep for two to three days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 654IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg