Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars Recipe ~ Delicious Apple Bars with a Cream Cheese Layer that Melt in Your Mouth! Don’t forget the Caramel Topping!
I may be a little late to the game but I just started watching Parenthood on Netflix. Actually, I should rephrase that, I picked up where I left off about 5 episodes into it from like two years ago. What on earth was I thinking when I quit watching it? Wait, it’s was the overwhelming amount of shows on my DVR player that made me quit. I’m proud to say I’m caught up after two years so it’s time to charge on with Parenthood! There is just so much going on in that show. Marriage problems, teenagers learning life lessons, money difficulties and everything else. Totally like real life. Tons of stuff going on all the time in life isn’t there?
I’ve learned that most of the time all that “stuff” going on is really my own doing. I can’t blame anyone else but myself can I? I say yes to much, have big dreams and forget that sometimes I just need to sit and do mindless, boring things. For example, watching Parenthood. It’s a guilty little pleasure I’ve decided to indulge in. Aren’t I so nice to myself? We’ll see how long this lasts before I’m thinking about all the millions of things I should be doing that does not include indulging in Parenthood. Maybe I should have weekly check ins with you so you can tell me to relax a little! I know you are all surprised that I have this problem… or maybe you aren’t?
Lucky for you that one of the things that I do when I’m not indulging in relaxing or watching Parenthood is creating delicious eats and treats in the kitchen for you. For example, these amazing Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars. I first spotted these treats in Taste of Home and I knew it was a must make. I just love all their recipes don’t you? This starts with a delicious crust, pile on the cheesecake and apples then some crumb topping and you have a delicious bar. Oh, wait don’t forget that caramel sauce on top! The perfect finishing touch!
Delicious Apple Bars with a Cream Cheese Layer that Melt in Your Mouth! Don't forget the Caramel Topping!
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c. cold butter cubed
- 2 pkgs 8 oz each cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. plus 2 tablespoons sugar divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 c. cold butter cubed
- 1/3 c. caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan. Set aside.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in small mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press into prepared baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until crust is just beginning to brown.
- While crust is baking, beat cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar and vanilla in large bowl, until mixture is smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed until just combined. Spread mixture over crust.
- Toss apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar in a small bowl. Spoon apple mixture over cream cheese layer.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, brown sugar and oats. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Baked for 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from oven. Drizzle with caramel topping. Cool bars in pan for 1 hour. Refrigerate bars for at least two hours. Cut into bars and serve.
Recipe from Taste of Home
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Try these other Apple Treats!
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread ~ Ooey, Gooey Monkey Bread Spiced with Cinnamon and Full of Apples!
Caramel Apple Cobbler ~ Only 5 Ingredients to Perfection! Ooey Gooey Caramel Apple Pie Filling with a Buttery Topping!
Apple Pull Apart Bread ~ Easy Pull Apart Bread Loaded with Apples and Topped with Icing!