Layered Taco Dip
Quick and Easy Meatless Taco Dip that is ready in 5 minutes! A taco cream cheese layer followed by salsa and cheese!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. chunky salsa
- 2 c. colby jack cheese shredded
- Green onions optional for topping
In a mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and taco seasoning until light and fluffy. Add mayonnaise and mix until combined. Spread on the bottom of a pie plate.
Top with salsa and then sprinkle on shredded cheese. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
The best part is that this taco dip is that the layers can be changed depending on what you are craving.
Here are a few ideas to inspire you!
- Make sure you beat the cream cheese layer until light and fluffy. If you don't do this and refrigerator it that layer will become firm and hard to scoop with your chips!
- The best part about this is you are hosting a party you can make this ahead of time for less stress. I would recommend making it the night before and popping it in the fridge until ready to serve. Remember to beat the cream cheese layer with a hand mixer so it doesn’t become hard when refrigerated, making it hard to dip into. No one wants broken chips!
- We recommend chilling at least an hour so the flavor can blend together.
- I always serve this delicious Layered Taco Dip with chips, but you could serve it with pita bread, crackers or even some fresh vegetables!
- Avocado – Diced, sliced or mashed aka guacamole! Layer these in the middle so they don’t discolor.
- Taco Meat – Make up some homemade taco meat and layer it in there!
- Chicken – Grill or saute diced chicken to add to this.
- Corn – Make sure this is cooked before you add it in there.
- Onions – Dice up some onions and throw it on there.
- Jalapenos – Take the seeds and membranes out if you don’t want it hot.
- Lettuce – Add a layer of shredded lettuce, but if you are making it ahead of time beware it may wilt or turn a bit brown on the edges.
- Tomatoes – Seed and dice tomatoes to add some more vegetables in.
- Refried Beans – Mix with a beat of milk and blend so it’s a creamy consistency and easy to scoop
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 598mg | Potassium: 102mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 770IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 0.5mg