Overnight Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Casserole ~ Pumpkin Cheesecake stuffed into a French Toast Casserole! Easy breakfast for the weekends!
Here’s the deal. I adore breakfast on weekends. I love that I’m able to sleep until my child wakes me up usually, go make a big pot of coffee, whip up some breakfast and enjoy some down time around the table with my little family. There’s no hustling, bustling and getting out the door. It’s sitting there relaxing, talking and enjoy the antics of Miss K. Trust me, there is always plenty of those for you that have not met my child. She does not lack on personality!
The one thing I hate on Saturday mornings is having to slave in the kitchen to get a breakfast on the table that everyone will enjoy. I mean, honestly it’s my weekend I’m not about to do that if I don’t have too! That’s why I big puffy heart overnight breakfasts. I just whip up the breakfast the night before, wake up in the morning, stumble into the kitchen and stick it in the oven. What’s not to love about that?
Plus it’s holiday season soon, which means you are going to have overnight guests more than likely. You need something to impress them! This is your meal ticket right here. Trust me on this one. It’s full of sweet KING’S HAWAIIAN® Dinner Rolls that are stuffed with a pumpkin cheesecake filling then topped with crumb topping and finally drizzled with glaze.
Drooling yet? I thought so.
Know what else is cool? You can go visit KING’S HAWAIIAN® Holiday Roll Contest and check out all kinds of amazing recipes inspired by KING’S HAWAIIAN® products, vote for you favorite recipe and have a chance to win 1 of 3 $500 gift cards! Voting will start on November 4th and run through December 2nd with the winners announced on December 6th.
I don’t know about you but I sure could use one of those gift cards around the holiday season plus some inspiration in the recipe department!
Overnight Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Casserole
- 1 (12 pack) King's Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 8 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 c. golden butter cake mix
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 6 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Spray a 9x13" glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cream together pumpkin cheesecake filling mixture. Cut buns in half and apply cheesecake filling to one side of the bun. Put buns back together. Tear buns into bite size pieces and layer in baking dish. If you have cheesecake filling left over just put spoonfuls over the pieces of bun in the baking dish when you are done.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, heaving whipping cream, cake mix, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Pour mixture over bread.
- Cover baking dish and store in the fridge overnight or for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt, stir until combined. Cut butter into mixture.
- Remove french toast casserole from fridge, uncover and drop topping by the spoonful randomly across french toast casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour until the center is set and edges are browned.
- Cream together glaze toppings and French Toast with glaze.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 687kcal Calories from fat 279|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 31g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of King’s Hawaiian®. The opinions and text are all mine.