Craving some crispy chicken wings? These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are what you need! Drizzled with a little oil and seasoned they are finger licking good!
Craving chicken wings but don’t want to turn on the oven? No problem! Cooking them in an air fryer is so easy and fast. So, we’ve got juicy, crispy chicken wings in the air fryer comin’ atcha today!
I think the air fryer might be the best way to cook chicken wings. Obviously, deep-fried ones are delicious but all of that oil makes a mess and isn’t so healthy. The air fryer gets the skin just as crispy with a fraction of the oil. It’s one of my favorite air fryer recipes!
The chicken is coated in a super simple spice rub that take just minutes to prep. Once you get them in the air fryer they’re ready in less than 30 minutes! Serve them with ranch dip or another sauce that you love.
Make these for parties, for dinner, or whenever you’re craving crispy wings! You’re going to love how easy this recipe is. Don’t have an air fryer? Try my baked chicken wings instead!
You will need two pounds of chicken for this recipe. I usually buy a party pack of wings. Then you don’t have to cut off the wing tips yourself.
For the spice rub, you will need sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, and onion powder. Just mix it all up in a bowl. That’s it!
How to Cook Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Mix up your spice rub and then place the chicken in a large resealable bag. Add the oil and turn the bag to coat the wings.
- Add the spice rub and turn the bag again to coat everything evenly.
- Place the seasoned wings in the air fryer basket in an even layer. Cook them for 10 minutes at 360 degrees F. Turn them over and cook them for 10 minutes more.
- Adjust the air fryer temperature to 390 degrees F and cook the chicken for six minutes longer or until it’s cooked through.
How do you know when they are are done?
I cook them until the internal temperature is 185 to 190 degrees F. Technically, chicken is done at 165 degrees but with wings, I find that you don’t get those red spots near the bone when you cook them a little longer. They are juicy and perfectly cooked.
Can you use frozen chicken wings?
You can but you will need to increase the cooking time by at least five to ten minutes. Always check the temperature – they should be cooked to at least 165 degrees.
I prefer thawed or fresh chicken for this recipe because it’s easier to coat in the oil and seasonings.
Can you stack them in the air fryer?
You definitely don’t want to stack the chicken wings when you cook them in an air fryer!
The air fryer works by blowing hot air all around the food while it’s cooking – that’s what creates that delicious crispy skin.
If you stack the wings, you will cover up the skin and they won’t cook evenly and they won’t crisp up.
Are air fried wings healthy?
They are healthier than deep-fried ones! You only need a small amount of oil to cook them in the air fryer, so the calories and fat are a lot lower.
What can I serve with chicken wings?
- If you serve them as an appetizer or snack add your favorite dipping sauce like BBQ sauce, blue cheese dip or ranch dip!
- When we have parties we love to serve them with other appetizers like chips with guacamole and salsa, jalapeno popper dip, or dill dip with a platter of veggies.
- Sometimes I make these for dinner with potato salad, macaroni salad, or garlic butter noodles on the side!
I hope you love these easy air fryer chicken wings as much as we do! They always come out so juicy with the most delicious crispy skin – you’re going to want to give these a try soon!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your delicious dish!!
- 2 lb chicken wings recommend party pack**
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine all the rub ingredients.
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel. Place chicken wings in a resealable plastic bag or in a bowl.
- Add oil to bag/bowl and toss to coat wings. Then add the rub mixture to the bag/bowl and shake to coat evenly.
- Place chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook in an air fryer at 360 degrees F for 10 minutes. Then flip wings over and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Turn up the air fryer to 390 degrees and cook for another 6 minutes or until the juices run clear and the center reads 185-190 degrees F.