Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Craving some crispy chicken wings? These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are what you need! Drizzled with a little oil and seasoned they are finger licking good!
Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer!
Craving chicken wings but don’t want to turn on the oven? No problem! Cooking them in an air fryer is so easy and fast. So, we’ve got juicy, crispy chicken wings in the air fryer comin’ atcha today!
I think the air fryer might be the best way to cook chicken wings. Obviously, deep-fried ones are delicious but all of that oil makes a mess and isn’t so healthy. It’s one of my favorite air fryer recipes!
Make these for parties, for dinner, or whenever you’re craving crispy wings! You’re going to love how easy this recipe is. Serve them with ranch dip or another sauce that you love.
Don’t have an air fryer? Try my baked chicken wings instead!
Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe!
- The air fryer gets the skin just as crispy with a fraction of the oil.
- The chicken is coated in a super simple spice rub that take just minutes to prep.
- Once you get them in the air fryer they’re ready in less than 30 minutes!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings – You will need two pounds of chicken for this recipe. I usually buy a party pack of wings. Then you don’t have to cut off the wing tips yourself.
- Olive Oil – Coat the wings in and make the rub stick, plus get them perfectly crunchy.
- Spice Rub – A mixture of pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, and onion powder!
How to Cook Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Mix up your spice rub and then place the chicken in a large resealable bag. Add the oil and turn the bag to coat the wings.
- Add the spice rub and turn the bag again to coat everything evenly.
- Place the seasoned wings in the air fryer basket in an even layer. Cook them for 10 minutes at 360 degrees F. Turn them over and cook them for 10 minutes more.
- Adjust the air fryer temperature to 390 degrees F and cook the chicken for six minutes longer or until it’s cooked through.
How Long to Cook Chicken Wings in Air Fryer?
I cook them until the internal temperature is 185 to 190 degrees F. Technically, chicken is done at 165 degrees but with wings, I find that you don’t get those red spots near the bone when you cook them a little longer. They are juicy and perfectly cooked.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe FAQs
You can but you will need to increase the cooking time by at least five to ten minutes. Always check the temperature – they should be cooked to at least 165 degrees. I prefer thawed or fresh chicken for this recipe because it’s easier to coat in the oil and seasonings.
You definitely don’t want to stack the chicken wings when you cook them in an air fryer! The air fryer works by blowing hot air all around the food while it’s cooking – that’s what creates that delicious crispy skin. If you stack the wings, you will cover up the skin and they won’t cook evenly and they won’t crisp up.
They are healthier than deep-fried ones! You only need a small amount of oil to cook them in the air fryer, so the calories and fat are a lot lower.
The trick to perfectly air fryer wings is to pat the wings dry before putting your rub on them! Also, make that they are not stacked in the air fryer basket when you cook them so the air can circulate around them. You may have to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Yes, you can put raw chicken in the air fryer. The air fryer is a great way to cook your chicken especially wings. They are perfect crispy on the outside, tender and moist on the inside.
We love the Cosori Air Fryer in the Max XL size. It has a great price point and works great. We use it ourselves! If you are looking at investing in an air fryer we highly recommend this one.
Yes, our baked chicken wing version is perfectly delicious and crispy too! Use this recipe if you don’t have an air fryer or would rather use the oven to bake the chicken wings.
You can double this Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe, but you will need to cook it in batches. The key to getting perfectly crispy wings in the air fryer is to have them evenly placed in the basket and not layered so the air can circulate around them and cook the wings evenly.
What Can I Serve With Chicken Wings?
- If you serve them as an appetizer or snack add your favorite dipping sauce like BBQ sauce, blue cheese dip or ranch dip!
- When we have parties we love to serve them with other appetizers like chips with guacamole and salsa, jalapeno popper dip, or dill dip with a platter of veggies.
- Sometimes I make these for dinner with potato salad, macaroni salad, or garlic butter noodles on the side!
What dipping sauces do I serve with cooked wings?
- BBQ Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Bleu Cheese
How Do I Store Leftover Chicken Wings?
Place leftover chicken wings in an airtight container then store in the refrigerator for up to four days.
You can also freeze them for up to three months.
I hope you love these easy air fryer chicken wings as much as we do! They always come out so juicy with the most delicious crispy skin – you’re going to want to give these a try soon!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
- How to Make Cream Peas
- Pickle Ham Roll Ups
- Best Amaretto Sour Drink Recipe
- Cubed Ham Recipe
- Breakfast Enchilada
- Recipe for Caramel Rolls
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings recommend party pack**
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl combine all the rub ingredients.
- Pat chicken wings completely dry with a paper towel. Place chicken wings in a resealable plastic bag or in a bowl.
- Add oil to bag/bowl and toss to coat wings. Then add the rub mixture to the bag/bowl and shake to coat evenly.
- Place chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook in an air fryer at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Then flip wings over and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Turn up the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for another 6 minutes or until the juices run clear and the center reads 185-190 degrees Fahrenheit.
Leave a Comment