Easy Homemade Pancakes Recipe ~ Light, Fluffy, Delicious Pancakes Recipe Made with Pantry Staples that You Will Have in your House! Never go back to Pancake Mix!
We love our breakfast around here, especially homemade pancakes, and it seems you do too! I’ve been on a breakfast run lately! In case you missed the latest breakfast recipes they were Homemade Waffles, Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe, andThe BEST Blueberry Pancakes, just to name a few!
I’ve been holding out on this easy pancake recipe. I’ve been making this for a few years and I just never got around to posting it. I apologize. It’s the greatest shame because these homemade pancakes are amazing. Sinfully good is how I would describe them!
Easy Homemade Pancakes Ingredients
- Baking Powder
That’s it!! I bet your have all those ingredients already!
How to Make Pancakes
- Mix Dry Ingredients – Combine and sift all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix Wet Ingredients – In a different bowl beat egg until light and fluffy. Add 1 c. milk and melted butter to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Combine Ingredients – Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just a few small lumps are left. If you feel the batter is to thick add remaining milk to batter and stir to combine. Do not over mix!
- Cook Pancakes – Heat griddle or skillet over medium to low heat. Melt butter and ladle about 1/4 c. batter into skillet. When bubbles form on top of pancake flip and brown the other side.
These light and fluffy pancakes are so quick and easy I love making them for dinner too!
Pair them with my favorite Baked Scrambled Eggs that are light and fluffy.
Tools Helpful for Making Pancakes
So if you are looking to “get outside the box” with your pancake mix then these homemade pancakes are it. This recipe calls for things that you will more than likely already find in your pantry so there’s no excuses! Whip up a batch and you’ll never go back!
Optional Add-ins for Easy Homemade Pancakes!
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Strawberries
- Cocoa Powder
- White Chocolate Chips
- Cooked Bacon
- Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
- Lemon Zest
- Mashed banana
Take a few add-ins and make a flavor combo! I’m personally thinking peanut butter and chocolate chips, or strawberry and banana or maybe blueberry and lemon?! Wait, wait maybe I’ll do the raspberry and white chocolate chips!
What can I add to my pancakes to make them fluffy?
Don’t over mix your batter! You will want to stop mixing when you still have small lumps in your batter
You can even let your batter rest about 15 minutes to let the wet ingredients soak into the flour.
Another trick is to whisk the egg white. Separate the egg white from the yolk. Add the yolk right into the batter, but whisk the egg white until it’s foamy. Then gently fold it into the batter right before cooking.
Remember to only flip your pancakes once! When you see little bubble on the pancake when you are cooking it, then it’s time to flip it!
How do you make just add water pancakes better?
A quick and easy way is to add a little vanilla to the pancake mix.
You can also add an egg even if isn’t required! It will make them taste more like homemade. If you want to go all out separate the egg white from the yolk. Add the yolk right into the batter, but whisk the egg white until it’s foamy. Then gently fold it into the batter right before cooking.
What can you add to pancake mix to make it better?
A great addition to this pancake mix is vanilla. Just add about a teaspoon of vanilla.
Another great option is to add a little cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg for a different flavor profile.
Other great ideas are a little lemon, maple syrup or look above for ideas on mix-ins for pancakes!
Does baking soda or baking powder make pancakes fluffy?
Even though pancakes are prepared in a skillet on the stove or a griddle the baking powder works the same as it does in the oven making them light and fluffy.
Make sure you baking powder is not expired!
More delicious pancake recipes here!
What’s your favorite thing to add to pancakes to take them up a notch? My girls go between sprinkles and chocolate chips! I personally like a little peanut butter in mine!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THESE HOMEMADE PANCAKES RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Easy Homemade Pancakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- additional butter for greasing pan about 3 Tbsp
- Combine dry ingredients and sift in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat egg until light and fluffy. Add 1 c. milk and melted butter to bowl. Stir.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until moistened. At this point if it is to thick add the remaining 1/4 c. of milk to the batter a little at a time until you reach the consistency you want.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Melt about 1/2 Tbsp butter in a large non-stick skillet. Ladle the batter (about 1/4 c. batter) into the skillet making 3-4 pancakes. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top. Flip and brown the other side.
- Wipe out any excess butter with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter.