Cheesy Meatloaf ~ Delicious, Homemade Meatloaf just like Grandma Makes! Plus, it has CHEESE! The Ultimate Comfort Food Dinner!
Are you in back to school mode?
I am so ready for my kids to go back and we still have several weeks left! I love summer and all but man, I need some peace and quiet! Plus, school starting means fall is around the corner! And I love fall!
Yep, I bought crayons and scissors and everything online.
Had to make 3 separate Target orders because they’d only let me put so much in my cart but it is officially done and now I don’t have to worry about dragging all 3 kids with me to actual Target. You know how that ends.
Them, crying because they didn’t get what they want. Me, crying because I somehow ending up spending hundreds more than I had intended.
Anyway, let’s talk meatloaf!
This recipe is not only really delicious, it is also really simple to make. It will take you about 15 minutes to put together and then about 45 minutes to bake. So in under an hour, you have a delicious, cheesy meatloaf the whole family will love.
There is a ton of flavor in this meatloaf thanks to the onion and the garlic and the worcestershire sauce. Not to mention the cheese! Instead of shredded cheese, I used cubed cheese so you get little pockets of cheesy goodness when you slice into it! And then, of course, every meatloaf needs a topping and since this one has so much going on inside, I kept it simple with just a light covering of ketchup.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup divided
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally. Once softened, add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, just until fragrant. Remove from heat and scrape the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Let cool slightly.
- To the bowl, add ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, 2 tablespoons ketchup, worcestershire sauce, egg, salt and pepper, and cheddar cubes. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf on the prepared baking sheet. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons of ketchup on top.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes or until the inside reaches 160F. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.