Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting ~ Delicious White Cupcakes Topped with Light and Fluffy Buttercream Frosting!
Back when I was in high school I was the queen of cupcakes. Every few weeks I would mix up a batch and treat my family. I had tons of fun cupcake sprinkles and liners for every season and occasion. The only thing was that I never got out of my comfort zone when it came to the actual cupcakes. I used a vanilla boxed cake mix and frosting every single time. I might have colored the frosting but that was it. Don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against boxed cake mix and I still use it to this day. Sometimes you just need fast and easy!
What I didn’t know was that there were all these other amazing flavor combos out there. I blame this on the fact that I was sixteen and there was no such thing as Pinterest! I am simply amazed by all the bloggers that come up with to die for flavor combos and they make cupcakes that are so beautiful that I don’t really want to even bite into them. Well, I mean if they gave me some I totally would, but you get what I’m saying! So other bloggers… note that I will not turn down homemade cupcakes ever. Mmmmk?
These amazing Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting aren’t WAY out of my comfort zone but they are a great staple cupcake you can adapt as you’d like. I made up a batch of them for Miss K’s second birthday party. Yes, it was like 3 months ago and you can tell that I’m super on top of things by the fact I haven’t posted these treats yet! Other things just came up and this treat just kept hanging out waiting for me to give it some love. So hear it is!
Perfectly moist and delicious Vanilla Cupcakes that are topped with a to-die for Buttercream frosting that is light and airy. I kind of wanted to shove my face in the whole batch, but I had guests to feed and manners to show so that didn’t happen. I won’t tell you what I did with that left over frosting though….
Vanilla Cupcakes with Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4- cup water
- Food gel of your choice to dye the frosting
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 3 (12 cupcake) pans with liners and set aside.
- Combine milk and vanilla in a measuring cup.
- Beat butter at medium speed in a stand mixer until it is creamy. Add in sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add flour into butter mixture alternating with milk mixture making sure to begin with the flour and end with the flour.
- Beat egg whites at a medium speed in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg whites into batter carefully.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full. Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening on medium speed until creamy. Slowly beat in powdered sugar adding one cup at a time. Add salt and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix in water slowly adding more or less until frosting is of desired consistency. Tint frosting with desired food gel color and mix until combined.
- Fill piping bag with an 809 piping tip and top cupcakes with frosting.
Looking for more sweets?
Red Velvet Cupcakes ~ Perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes topped with an amazing cream cheese frosting!
Ice Cream Cupcakes ~ Strawberry cupcakes topped with Ice Cream, Whipped Cream & Sprinkles!
Lemon Drop Cupcakes ~ Amazing Lemon Cupcake topped with Lemon Buttercream Frosting!