Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats ~ Delicious Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats Loaded with Peanut Butter are a Family Favorite! These No Bake Bars are Easy to Make and Always the First Ones Gone!
Your favorite childhood treat, Rice Krispies Bars, just got a makeover and if I do say so myself, they are even better! Theses chewy, soft no bake bars are loaded with Peanut Butter and Chocolate to take them to a whole new level. They come together in a blink and are sure to please the masses. Do I dare even say they might be the first gone if you bring them somewhere? I think so!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Ingredients!
- Creamy peanut butter
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Rice Krispies cereal
My, not so big of a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, husband couldn’t keep his hands off them, so I think that says something right there. He’s more of a fan of Monster Bars, Fudgy Marshmallow Brownies, or Frosted Banana Bars!
I was first introduced to these delicious no bake bars at the cabin this summer when my mother-in-law brought them. I instantly asked for the recipe because I kept going back for another little slice.
Obviously, when you eat little slices the calories don’t add up like if you ate one big bar, right? That’s my rationalization anyways. It makes me feel better when I snitch a bite out of the pan!
When I got the recipe from her it was a copied recipe card, which means it’s been around for a while. I just love those recipes because they are family favorites that have been tested, tried and made over and over again. Always the best!
Of course, me being me, means I twisted it up a bit. I can never follow a recipe just the way it was wrote. I doubled the amount of cereal in them because I like a higher cereal to chocolate ratio. These are THICK Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Bars and that’s just how I like them!
I’m guessing you have most of the ingredients right in your pantry if not all of them! I mean there’s only FIVE ingredients so that’s pretty awesome!
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats!
- In a large saucepan melt peanut butter, chocolate and butter. Add marshmallows and heat until they are melted!
- Pour Rice Krispies into large mixing bowl and add melted mixture from above! Give it a big stir!
- Spread mixture on bottom of 9′ x 13” pan.
That’s it! EASY!!!
These are quickly become an old staple and my go to recipe when I’m in a pinch and need to bring something to a last minute party or when someone asks you to bring bars to a community dinner! I mean No Bake Bars are always a winner because they are fast and easy!
I usually make Scotcheroo bars because they are an old favorite and always the first to go. Why is that? If I make something fancy and delicious they sit there. I make an old favorite no bake bar and it’s the first gone! You’d think people would want to explore and get something they don’t always get, but nope, they stick to the tried and true recipes.
I think it’s because you might have “buyers remorse”. You know that feeling when you go out to a restaurant for dinner and order something new and exciting, only to get it and it’s not nearly as good as you thought. You sit there and end up wishing you would have ordered your old favorite. Or at least I do! I’m pretty boring like that!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars
- 2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. butter
- 2 bags mini marshmallows 10.5 oz each
- 8 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- Spray a 9 x 13'' pan with non-stick spray. Set aside
- Put peanut butter, chocolate and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Melt together, stirring frequently. Add marshmallows and heat until they melt into the mixture, stirring frequently.
- Pour Rice Krispies into a large mixing bowl. Pour peanut butter and chocolate mixture over cereal. Mix until combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and smooth out.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place or in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Leave a Comment