This quick and easy Instant Pot Beef Taco Soup is such a hit and perfect for a quick dinner during the winter. It makes a big batch so you have plenty of leftovers for lunch during the week. It’s a perfect healthy soup recipe to make for meal prep too! Grab your pressure cooker and make this Instant Pot Soup recipe now!
Instant Pot Soup
Hey! Hey! Hey! I’m BAAAACK with another Pressure Cooker recipe! Can I get a YES for that?
Seriously, if yours is still in the box because you are nervous about taking it out please go grab it and unpack it because I have the perfect recipe for you to make!
Start by making Pressure Cooker Beef Taco Soup. It’s super simple, delicious and the perfect recipe to get your “feet wet” with the pressure cooker.
The flavor in this Taco Soup Recipe is amazing and it’s loaded with all kinds of delicious ingredients.
Plus, lunch the next day? Done! Leftovers taste better on day two!
I was scared to try using my pressure cooker at first, just like I’m assuming some of you are too, right? I’ve been using my slow cooker to make beef soup forever so when I finally started using it I wondered what the heck I was waiting for!
Some of my favorite recipes are Pressure Cooker Hamburger Stroganoff, which is one of the most popular recipe on my site! I also love Pressure Cooker Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. The flavor of spaghetti in the pressure cooker is amazing!
Oh, and I just posted these Pressure Cooker French Dip Sandwiches too!
Beef Taco Soup
I love a big batch of soup on a weekend with enough for leftovers for the rest of the week because it helps me meal prep lunches.
Sometimes I just make a batch, put it into individual containers and the hubs and I have Taco Soup for lunch the rest of the week.
Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter day!
Grocery List for Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe
- Ground beef
- Chicken broth
- Corn with peppers
- Black beans
- Chili beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
How to make Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté.
- Add beef, onion and garlic. Cook until meat is browned
- Turn off the pressure cooker and drain the grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the lid and seal. Press the manual button and set timer to 15 minutes.
- When the soup is done, quick release the steam.
Optional toppings for Beef Taco Soup
You can certainly serve it as is, but I like to jazz up taco soup with a few toppings!
- Diced avocado
- Chopped onions
- Sour cream
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sliced olives
- Pico de gallo
- Corn chips or tortilla chips
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
What’s your favorite Instant Pot Soup?
I plan on making Chicken Noodle, Beef Stew and more in it as soon as I have time!
Be ready for more soup recipes that are pressure cooker friendly!
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- Hamburger Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup
- The BEST Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Tools Helpful for Making Beef Taco Soup!
Go grab that pressure cooker and get to work! It’s time to try this amazing Instant Pot Beef Taco Soup this week! When you try it, be sure and comment below and leave a five star rating! Tagging me in Instagram will totally make my day! @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 can chili beans 16 ounces
- 1 can black beans 15 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn 15 ounces, drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles undrained 14.5 ounces each
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 package taco seasoning 1.25 ounces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Optional Toppings: Tortilla Strips, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, Avocado, Diced Green Onions
- Turn the pressure cooker on to the Sauté setting. Add the ground beef and diced onions. Cook until beef is cooked through, drain off any excess grease.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Close lid and make sure pressure release valve is set to sealing. Turn pressure cooker to manual and set for 10 minutes.
- When time is up carefully quick release the pressure cooker.
- Divide into soup bowls and top with any toppings of your preference.