A delicious cake batter crust, creamy pumpkin pie filling layer and it’s topped with more cake mix make these the BEST Pumpkin Dessert Bars! This easy recipe will be your new favorite fall dessert. Don’t forget the whipped cream on top of these and a sprinkle of cinnamon to really top.
I have my traditional Frosted Pumpkin Bars that are great for feeding a crowd, bringing to potluck and more, but these Pumpkin Dessert Bars are a different twist.
They start with a base made out of cake mix, have a creamy pumpkin middle and are topped with a cake mix crumble.
If you are looking for a simple Thanksgiving treat go ahead and make these. It’s a twist on pumpkin so if you are tired of plain old pumpkin pie these would be perfect. Plus, the ingredients are all normal and I’m guessing you will have most, if not all, of them in your pantry!
Why this recipe works:
- Base crust is made from a cake mix making it easy to make.
- Creamy, delicious pumpkin filling in the middle.
- Topped with more cake mix, butter and sugar.
- So easy to make ahead of time so perfect for when hosting.
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Brown sugar
Make sure you use plain pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. They are not the same thing.
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat the oven. Grease a 9×13 cake pan.
- Mix together the base ingredients and press into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Mix middle ingredients and pour it over the base.
- Next you will combine the topping until it’s crumbly. Sprinkle it over the cake.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
If there are leftovers it’s best to refrigerate them. Eggs, canned pumpkin, etc. refrigeration is best and leftovers will keep longer.
More Pumpkin Recipes!
- Got a large crowd to feed? Try these easy Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting!
- I can never get enough of this Earthquake Pumpkin Cake.
- Keep it traditional with this super easy Pumpkin Pie for the holidays.
- There’s nothing like a warm slice of Pumpkin Bread. Take it up a notch and add Chocolate Chips!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are rich and creamy with a delicious graham cracker crust.
- Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Cookies are Soft, Chewy Pumpkin Cookies Topped with Light and Fluffy Cinnamon Frosting!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal!
Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
- 15.25 oz Box Yellow Cake Mix Reserve 1 c. for topping
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 c. butter meted
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. yellow cake mix That you reserved
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- Preheat 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch cake pan and set aside.
- Mix base ingredients well and press into prepared cake pan. Make sure to set aside 1 c. of cake mix for topping.
- In a mixing bowl mix middle ingredients well and pour over base.
- In a small mixing bowl mix topping ingredients until they are crumbly and sprinkle over middle layer.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until it is golden brown and middle is set.