Chocolate Nutella Mousse with Strawberries ~A perfect dessert for family gatherings, parties or a picnic! It’s rich in flavor, quick and tastes delicious!
Chocolate. Nutella. Strawberries. Aren’t these the best foods out there? I think they are. They make every dish taste delicious and when you combine all three together you are in for a treat! And of course they all taste amazing when eaten on their own, don’t they?
Today I have for you this simple chocolate dessert that has all three above mentioned ingredients. Chocolate Nutella mousse with strawberries! Doesn’t it sound delicious?
By the way, it all started about a month ago. I craved Nutella so much! You can’t even imagine! I guess there would be nothing wrong about this but if you knew me when I was a kid, you would find this totally weird. Back then I did not like Nutella at all! But those days are long gone and here I am now. Craving this yummy spread! Isn’t that funny how our sense of taste changes over the time?
Now to be completely honest with you I bought that Nutella jar for two reasons. One was to satisfy my craving. The other reason was to make this chocolate Nutella mousse. Should I confess about having a pretty difficult time keeping the jar full enough so I could try making this dessert? Nutella can be pretty addictive!
To make this chocolate Nutella mousse is pretty easy. It’s easy because it’s a no bake dessert. I like making desserts that don’t require any baking. If you do too, you might also like this chocolate pudding dessert, strawberry mousse dessert cups, or icebox cake.
Now this chocolate mousse with Nutella is pretty rich. Its main ingredients are chocolate, Nutella and whipping cream. The chocolate is melted altogether with a splash of whipping cream. The rest if the cream needs to be whipped with some powdered sugar. Be careful not to over-whip it. The whipping itself will only take a few minutes. Count with about 2-3 minutes. Whip it on a medium speed.
If you over-whip the cream a bit you can still use it. It will taste good but its texture will be a bit grainy. You could try saving it by pouring in some more whipping cream and whisk again. This will not work when you have whipped far too long and your mixture now looks way too solid.
Now get a large bowl where you whisk Nutella with a few tablespoons of whipped cream. Now fold the whipped cream into Nutella mixture. At last add the melted chocolate. Don’t mix with hand mixer anymore. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to fold the chocolate in.
Divide this mousse between 4-5 glasses and put in the fridge for 30-60 minutes. Meanwhile it’s time to get the strawberries ready. Dice them, mix with sugar and lemon juice and let them sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes before using. This is called macerating. The strawberries will release their juices thanks to the added sugar and lemon juice. This will help them soften and they will also taste sweeter. You can omit this step. Instead you can simply top the glasses with fresh strawberries.
Note: The longer you keep the mousse in the fridge the harder it gets. Some of you might like it thicker, some thinner so just watch the time.
You can make the mousse ahead but make sure to add the strawberries right before serving to get the freshest look possible.
The consistency of Nutella can vary. If you feel like it’s too hard, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. Just to soften it a bit.
Guys, this is a great chocolate dessert so I hope you will give it a try!
Chocolate Nutella Mousse with Strawberries
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries
- 7 oz Dark Chocolate 70%-75% Cocoa Content
- 5 Tablespoons Nutella
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Cut chocolate into small pieces. Melt it over double boiler with about a ½ cup of whipping cream. Once done, let it cool down.
- Meanwhile: Whip the cream & powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Don’t over-whip.
- In a large bowl, whisk Nutella with a few tablespoons of whipped cream. Now fold the whipped cream into Nutella mixture. At last, stir in cooled chocolate.
- Divide the mousse into 4-5 glasses, making sure not to fill them up to the top. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile: Rinse the strawberries under running water. Remove any green parts and cut into small pieces. Transfer them into a bowl. Add caster sugar and lemon juice. Leave them in the fridge for 30 minutes before topping each glass with strawberries & their juice.