Tender, delicious homemade Pumpkin Bread with zucchini. It’s your favorite fall quick bread that’s loaded with zucchini and has a cinnamon swirl in the middle! If you love zucchini bread and pumpkin bread you are going to love this blend of your two favorites.
Anyone else out there hanging out with some late-season zucchini from their garden? Well, here’s a great way to use it up: Pumpkin Zucchini Bread! It’s a combo of my favorite pumpkin bread with zucchini bread and it’s so moist, delicious, and perfect for fall.
Why This Recipe Works
- The shredded zucchini and pumpkin puree gives the bread lots of moisture!
- It has a cinnamon swirl baked right inside for a fall spice surprise when you slice into it.
- It only takes about 15 minutes to make the batter and it’s ready to go in the oven.
- Store it at room temperature for several days or pop it in the freezer for later!
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Melted butter
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- Shredded zucchini
Make sure to double check that you have pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. They aren’t the same thing! For this recipe, you want just the puree without the other ingredients that are in pie filling.
Sometimes I use my pumpkin pie spice that I mix myself in place of the spices listed in the recipe. You can substitute about ¾ of a tablespoon of the spice mix if you have it on hand!
Make the Batter
In a large bowl, mix the eggs and sugar. Add the pumpkin, butter, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients together and then add them to the wet ingredients. Stir until the batter is combined and then add the shredded zucchini.
Make the Cinnamon Swirl
Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl. Pour half of the batter into a prepared loaf pans. Divide the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly between them and sprinkle it into an even layer.
Pour the rest of the batter into the pans and bake the bread for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool the loaves in the pan for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
What people are saying about this recipe
“I just made this – it was delicious! Thank you!”
“It has become one of my faves!”
“My sister was just calling me today and wondering if there was a great zucchini bread out there…so she baked it up today! She loved it!”
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread FAQs!
You can make either two 9×5″ loaves or eight miniature loaves!
Once the bread is fully cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and it will keep for up to three days at room temperature. Or, store it in the refrigerator for up to a week!
Yes! Once it’s cooled, you can wrap the loaves tightly in plastic wrap and then store it in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. It will keep for up to three months.
You can’t go wrong with this pumpkin bread with zucchini for fall! It has all of the wonderful fall spice flavors and bakes up so soft, moist, and delicious. I love a warm slice with a pat of butter and a caramel latte as a treat!
More Amazing Fall Treats!
I love to bake during the fall season – here are some more of my favorite recipes you have to try, too!
- My Pumpkin Bread with Caramel Glaze is another favorite quick bread I love to make!
- Apple Pear Crisp is a really easy dessert recipe that’s perfect for cooler weather. The brown sugar oat topping is so good!
- Dessert bars are great for parties and holiday dinners and my Cinnamon Frosted Zucchini Bars are easy to make and so soft and sweet!
Tried this recipe? Be sure to comment below, I definitely want to hear from you!
And if you’re like me and snap photos be sure to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!!
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. canned pumpkin puree
- 1 c. butter melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 c. zucchini shredded
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Combine eggs and sugar in mixing bowl. Mix in pumpkin, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients in a different large bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture stir until mixed. Stir in zucchini until combined.
- Mix Cinnamon Swirl ingredients together.
- Pour half of batter into two greased and floured 9×5 in loaf pans or eight miniature loaf pans. Divide cinnamon swirl mixture evenly in pans and top with the rest of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.