Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Caramel Glaze ~ The Perfect Pumpkin Loaf! Pumpkin Bread with Caramel Glaze is a to-die-for fall treat!
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Remember when I shamelessly told you about my new addiction to this Homemade Caramel Sauce? I also told you about how I was putting it on pretty much everything in sight. I wasn’t lying. I’m hear today to introduce you to the place my love affair all started. Right here with the first Pumpkin Bread Recipe that I drizzled it on. Then I promptly fell in love with it.
You know what? This Pumpkin Loaf is actually amazing naked and with no caramel drizzle but you know me, I’m all about taking everything over the top.
Grocery List for Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- baking soda
- canned pumpkin
- vegetable oil
- brown sugar
- whipping cream
- powdered sugar
Everyday stuff, right? You probably have almost everything you need in your pantry and fridge!
Pumpkin Bread with Caramel Glaze
I should really rephrase that. I’m all about taking food over the top the rest of life I’m not really that over the top. Let’s take the nursery for instance. I’m down to 5 weeks and you’d think I’d have that nursery decked out and ready to go. Not so much at all. I still have Miss K’s name hanging up due to the fact I have no idea what else to hang up there. I never really embraced redecorating it when we moved and instead moved onto decorating her big girl room so it’s pretty dull. Then I always think do I wait until I know the gender because we don’t find out and use a gender specific accent color? Then again if I do that then it will probably never, ever get finished.
See my dilemma? I’m rationalizing the fact that it’s not ready to go and I’m sorta ok with that. Who really goes into a nursery other than the parents? Not to many people. So if you are coming to visit me after I have a baby I advise you not to ask to see the nursery and if you do then don’t expect it to be all decorated up and perfectly cute!
More recipes using canned pumpkin!
How to make moist Pumpkin Bread with Caramel Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 5x9x3 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water. A
- dd the dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Spoon into loaf pans.
- Bake for an hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 10 minutes. Invert from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the pumpkin loaf glaze –
- Combine butter, sugars and cream in saucepan.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla, whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooked loaves.
If you are looking for a perfect fall treat this Pumpkin Bread Recipe is your winning ticket. The pumpkin loaf is simply amazing and if you’d you can totally eat it on it’s own like my husband, the caramel hater, did. I know. GASP. Right?
Who hates caramel other than that man? Oh well, more for myself right? Which I should not embrace because I cringe everytime I get on the scale at the doctor’s office! Not a pretty thing.I’m sorry you didn’t need that information did you?
Ahh, but the one thing you do need? This pumpkin loaf in your life! Just go stuff your face with Pumpkin Bread with Caramel Glaze and forget I ever mentioned that!
Pumpkin Bread with Caramel Glaze
- 3 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 c. water
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. whipping cream
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 5x9x3 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin, oil, eggs and water. Mix in dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Spoon into loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan to wire rack.
- To prepare caramel glaze combine butter, sugars and cream in saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in confectioners sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cooked loaves.
Check out these Delicious Pumpkin Recipes!
Pumpkin French Toast ~ Delicious and Easy French Toast with the Flavor of Pumpkin!
Overnight Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Casserole ~ Pumpkin Cheesecake stuffed into a French Toast Casserole!
Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies ~ Soft, Chewy Pumpkin Cookies Stuffed Full of Cinnamon and White Chocolate Chips!