Football Cheese Ball – A fun, easy appetizer recipe that is super easy and perfect for game day snacking! Perfect Appetizer for the Super Bowl!
Well, Super Bowl time is upon us! How’d your team do this season? Or are you like me and not really sure! You see, I’m one of those gals that only pays attention when I hear my husband tell me our team (Go Saints!) is having a great season. Otherwise, I have no idea. So I’m guessing we didn’t do so hot this year since I didn’t hear much about them around our house.
But I do have to admit that when our team has a great season, it is so much fun to follow along! I’m kind of jealous of those teams that make it to the playoffs and even the Super Bowl year after year. I know why their fans get so into the games. It helps to win, huh? When our team made it to the Super Bowl, it was so much fun going to football parties each weekend as they made it through round after round and finally to the big game. And for New Orleans, it was so significant coming right after the recovery from Hurricane Katrina. That win meant so much more to our state than just a Super Bowl win.
And if I’m really being honest with ya, I’m really just into the food on game day! It’s always the best kind of food too! Snack foods like dips, slider burgers, and all those other wonderful little finger foods. I’m totally into football snacking foods for sure!
This cheese ball is super simple, and the football shape is pretty easy to make too. I love how it turned out with the pecans on top! My little boy was super impressed at mommy’s football-making capabilities! We like it with pita crackers, but you could pick any kind of cracker or chip you prefer. So here’s to some great football snacking! Enjoy!
A fun, easy appetizer recipe that is super easy and perfect for game day snacking! Perfect Appetizer for the Super Bowl!
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 mozerella string cheese
- Pita crackers or chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onions, and Rotel with a hand mixer until combined.
- Pour onto sheet of plastic wrap and loosely wrap it up. Once wrapped, start to shape it into a football shape and place in refrigerator for at least one hour to chill.
- Remove from refrigerator and carefully unwrap. Place onto serving dish. Reshape any areas, if necessary. Press chopped pecans all over to completely cover football shape.
- Peel and cut string cheese to create laces of football and place on top of pecans.
- Serve chilled with pita chips or pita crackers.
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Connect with Jaren:
Here are some other dishes you might like: