Got a busy night ahead of you? Make this delicious Instant Pot Pork Roast with Vegetables. It’s an entire meal made in your pressure cooker and only takes about 90 minutes. The result is a tender pork roast with carrots and potatoes that is smothered in homemade gravy.
If you think Pork Roast is only for Sundays I have some good news for you! Traditional it takes several hours in the oven, which is great when you have several hours which, for me is, um, almost never! So, what used to be a special occasion dinner is now doable in 90 minutes start to finish thanks to my trusty Instant Pot. I can make it in less than two hours! Yes, please!
Why this Recipe Works!
- Tender, melt in your mouth pork with flavorful veggies and a gravy in one pot!
- The pork is coated in a delicious spice rub and topped with a rich and savory gravy.
- It’s ready in under 2 hours with meat that is so tender!
- It has a few steps, but it’s not complicated and the meat comes out perfectly cooked each time.
This might look like a long ingredient list for this Instant Pot Pork Loin, but it’s mostly seasonings or things you already have in your pantry!
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Sea Salt
- Pork roast
- Yellow onion
- Worcestershire sauce
- All-purpose flour
How to Make the Spice Rub
- First, mix together onion and garlic powder with salt and pepper.
- Rub it all over a 2 to 3-pound pork roast.
That’s it! The first step is done.
Prep and Cook the Pork
- Turn on the saute setting on your Instant Pot. Melt the butter and then cook the onions in it until they’re softened. Add some garlic and cook it with the onions for about a minute.
- Add some more butter to the pot and, once it’s melted, sear the pork roast on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until it develops a nice golden crust.
- Remove the pork roast and add some Worcestershire sauce to the pot with the onions and garlic. As it simmers scrape up all of the brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Place the trivet (the one that came with your Instant Pot) in the pot and place the pork roast on it.
- Secure the lid, close the vent, and set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 70 minutes.
Add the Vegetables
Once the timer goes off for the pork, quick release the pressure, and place the vegetables in the Instant Pot with the pork. I use a combination of carrots and potatoes. They cook so fast – they only take about five minutes!
- Once you’ve placed the vegetables in the pot, secure the lid and set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for five minutes.
- One the timer dings, quick release the pressure and remove the pork and vegetables from the pressure cooker.
- Cover them with foil while you make the gravy.
Pork should be cooked to a temperature of 145 degrees F. I’ve tested this recipe several times and my two to three-pound pork roasts are always perfectly cooked in 75 minutes.
If you are worried you can always check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer once it’s done.
How to Make the Gravy
As the pork cooks, it releases lots of juices that you can use to make your gravy – you only need some butter and flour and it all comes together right in the Instant Pot!
- Remove the trivet and change the Instant Pot setting to saute.
- Melt the butter in the Instant Pot. Once it’s melted add the flour.
- Whisk the flour and butter together in the juices until smooth. Cook the gravy for 3 to 4 minutes or until it’s thickened.
- Give it a taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
Serve up slices of the pork roast with the vegetables and smother them with the rich gravy. If you have some fresh parsley on hand chop some up for garnish – it adds a nice pop of color!
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Hamburger Stroganoff is another hearty comfort food dinner that’s perfect for a cold and chilly night! Plus, it only takes 30 minutes to make in your pressure cooker.
- I love how easy it is to make soup in my Instant Pot and my Chicken Taco Soup is always a favorite.
- French Dip Sandwiches used to be something I only had if we went to a restaurant, but now I use my Instant Pot to make them and they’re so easy!
- I love a bowl of cozy Instant Pot Beef Stew – it only takes 30 minutes!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 – 3 lb pork roast
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ c. broth any kind
- 4 large carrots chopped into 1’’ pieces
- 2 large potatoes chopped into 1’’ pieces
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. butter
- In a small combine combine all dry rub spices. Rub the spice mixture all over your roast making sure it is entirely covered, set aside. If your pork roast has netting on it make sure to remove it.
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute. Add 2 Tbsp butter to the pot. When the butter is melted add onions. Saute for 4-5 minutes and then add minced garlic and saute an additional minute.
- Add the last 2 Tbsp butter to pot and melt. Add the pork roast and sear each side for 2-3 minutes or until brown.
- Remove pork roast from Instant Pot. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce to pot and delgaze pot. You will want to leave it on saute and scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pot to avoid getting the burn feature.
- Place the trivet on the bottom of the pot. Add the pork roast back into the pot on top of the trivet.
- Seal Instant pot and set to manual high pressure for 70 minutes.
- When time is done, quick release pressure. Add the carrots and potatoes to the Instant Pot. Place lid back on the pressure cooker and set to 5 minutes.
- When done cooking, quick release pressure, remove pork roast and veggies from the Instant Pot and cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove trivet and set aside. Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add butter, melt. Slowly whisk in the flour to the gravy. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens to form gravy. Season with salt and pepper if desired.