Moist, Flavorful Homemade Lemon Coconut Cake! Tender, Fluffy Lemon Loaf Cake Topped with Cream Cheese Frosting, Coconut and Lemon Zest!
Lemon Coconut Cake
Spring is brunch season! And who loves brunch? This girl! As soon as the weather starts warming up, I begin dreaming of tasty recipes that are perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, and outdoor entertaining. Especially if that brunch includes this delicious and amazing Lemon Coconut Cake. The flavor is amazing!
Brunch is my favorite meal to host. I love the mix of sweet and savory items, I love that we can drink coffee and champagne (hello, mimosas, topical mimosas, or mimosa floats!), and I love the casual laid-back vibe of a late morning meal.
Lemon Coconut Cake Recipe
When I made this cake last week I immediately thought of how great it would be as part of a brunch spread. The flavors of lemon and coconut make it perfect for Spring. It’s bright and fresh, yet satisfying and indulgent.
In addition to brunch, this cake is also perfect as a dessert, breakfast, or snack cake. My family found plenty of reasons to enjoy it without a special occasion. A skinny slice of this cake and a strong almond milk latte are my current kryptonite.
What Do I Need to Make Lemon Coconut Cake?
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Shredded coconut
- Coconut yogurt
- Granulated sugar
- Coconut oil
- Almond extract
- Cream cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Almond extract
- Milk or half and half
How Do I Make Lemon Coconut Cake?
First you will combine the dry ingredients in one bowl, wet ingredients in another.
After that you will then combine the wet and dry ingredients.
Next step is to pour into the loaf pan and bake.
This cake gets its amazing lemon flavor from a combination of lemon zest and lemon juice.
It gets a triple dose of coconut from coconut yogurt, shredded coconut and coconut oil.
My mouth is watering just thinking of biting into the cake with that amazing lemon and coconut combination!
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting
Now, we must talk about the best part of the cake (in my opinion) – Cream Cheese Frosting! That golden cake gets smeared with a generous amount of cream cheese frosting, and then sprinkled with shredded coconut and bright flecks of lemon zest.
That creamy, sweet and tangy frosting really takes this cake over the top. I absolutely love the combination of lemon and coconut with cream cheese frosting.
Whether you whip this up for a special occasion or any regular day, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Add milk, extract and lemon zest and beat until combined. If the frosting is too thick add additional milk to thin it out.
Spread the frosting on the cooled cake and top with shredded coconut and lemon zest.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS LEMON COCONUT CAKE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Love it? Rate it, please!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Lemon Coconut Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut yogurt I used full-fat coconut Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium-large lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or half and half
- Shredded coconut and lemon zest optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and shredded coconut.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut oil and almond extract until well combined. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined, the batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a rack to cool.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon milk, extract and lemon zest and beat until combined. If the frosting is too thick add additional milk to thin it out.Spread the frosting on the cooled cake and top with shredded coconut and lemon zest.
Connect with Allison Here!
More from Celebrating Sweets: