A delicious lemon cake baked in a Bundt pan! This Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Frosting is not only pretty but so delicious. It’s tender, moist and so flavorful. That lemon frosting is the perfect topping. Serve it for dessert or a slice with coffee.
I love a delicious cake that starts with a box mix! This Lemon Bundt cake is just that cake. It has the perfect amount of lemon flavoring, plus it’s moist and delicious.
The lemon powdered sugar frosting is amazing. Plus, it’s pretty! I just love a good drizzle of frosting like that. It has a slight lemon flavoring to it to take this cake over the top.
If you are looking for a perfect lemon pound cake this one is a winner!
Why this recipe works:
- Super easy to make because it starts with a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding to make it perfectly moist and delicious.
- The powdered sugar icing on top of this lemon pound cake has just a hint of lemon to make your mouth water.
- It’s great for a spring or summer dessert, but equally delicious with a mug of coffee!
Ingredients Needed for Lemon Bundt Cake
- Lemon cake mix
- Instant lemon pudding mix
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
Steps to Prepare
- Prep – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Mix – Blend all ingredients for cake in a large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake – Place in preheated oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool – Remove cake from oven and cool 25 minutes then invert onto cake rack. Cool Completely.
- Make Frosting – In a medium size mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, vegetable oil and lemon juice. Drizzle over cake.
Make sure to grease and flour your pan so the cake releases from it easily. I spray my pan with a vegetable oil cooking spray then add flour to the bottom of the pan and shake it around it the pan is completely coated with flour.
Sure! I recommend adding a little lemon zest to the cake or frosting to really pump up the lemon flavor.
After you flip it out of the pan (make sure it rests for 20 minutes before you flip it!) it will take about a hour to completely cool. Make sure you wait until it cools to frost it or your frosting will melt.
You can drizzle the frosting over the cake like we did or you can put it in a piping bag and pipe it. Use a large round tip. Start at the bottom of the cake and pipe lines up the cake into the hole center, repeat until the cake is done. Another option is to frost it like a regular cake with an offset spatula!
Yes! I would recommend using two loaf pans for the amount of batter in this recipe.
You will want to store this in an airtight container at room temperature. We recommend a Cake Server. Another option is to cover it tightly with Saran Wrap.
More of my favorite lemon desserts!
- The lemon and coconut flavor in this loaf Lemon Coconut Cake are amazing!!
- Soft Lemon Sugar Cookies are made with pudding and rolled in sugar.
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake starts with a box lemon cake mix and is dressed up with the addition of lemon pudding mix and a delicious lemon glaze. It’s light, fluffy and delicious, plus it’s easy!
Love this recipe? Be sure and comment below and leave a 5-star rating! I know you’ll love this delicious recipe as much as we do!
And if you’re like me and snap photos, be sure to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way, I’m sure to see your delicious dish!!!
Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Frosting
- 1 15.25 oz lemon cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. water
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Blend all ingredients for cake in a large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool 25 minutes then invert onto cake rack. Cool Completely.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, vegetable oil and lemon juice. Drizzle over cake.
- Store in airtight container.