Nutella Granola Recipe ~ Easy Homemade Granola Recipe That Anyone Can Make! Oats and Chopped Hazelnuts Coated in Nutella and Loaded with Chocolate Chips! Prefect for Breakfast or a Healthy Snack!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Hey guys! My first post here on Julie’s Eats & Treats! I’m pretty excited to be here and I’m looking forward to sharing delicious recipes all year long!
One of my New Years resolutions was to not spend so much money on packaged food that I know I can make at home for cheaper. Things like cookies, cereal bars, and granola. I have 3 boys – do you know how long a box of granola lasts in my house? A day.
I know it’s going to require some extra effort on my part but I’m all in.
And it seems to be working well for me so far. My grocery bill this week and last was significant lower than they had been previously. And there hasn’t even been a whole lot of complaining about the lack of Oreos and Nutrigrain bars. Yet.
Here’s the thing though, as much as I don’t want to buy boxes of cereal and granola, it is definitely the go to breakfast food around here. You won’t find me making waffles at 5:30 in the morning. No ma’am.
So I am taking time each Sunday to make a big batch of homemade granola for the kids to eat before school all week long.
Granola is so much easier than you would expect it to be. For this Nutella Granola, you just coat regular oats and chopped hazelnuts in a nutella and coconut oil mixture and bake it for 30 minutes. You let that cool completely and then stir in some chocolate chips.
It is so delicious! It tastes like those yummy chocolate truffles with the hazelnut in the middle – and those are my favorite! I like pairing homemade granola with Greek yogurt so you also get a good bit of protein to start your day but it’s also delicious by itself or with milk!
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons honey
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil.
- Put oats in a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt coconut oil, Nutella, and honey together, stirring until smooth. Stir in salt. Pour this mixture over the oats and stir to coat the oats. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Stir in chopped hazelnuts. Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Cool completely. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Store in airtight container.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 243kcal Calories from fat 112|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|