Chewy Cinnamon Apple Granola Bars ~ Soft, Chewy, Delicious Homemade Granola Bar Recipe Stuffed with Apples, Cinnamon, Oats, Pecans and Sunflower Seeds!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
You guys. My life is about to change. Drastically. My baby is beginning to not really be a baby anymore. We are talking about climbing, crawling and pulling herself up to a standing position. Then she turns around and has this huge grin. I can just hear her thinking, “MAMA LOOK AT ME I’M A BIG GIRL!” And then this Momma wants to hide, crawl in a corner and cry for two reasons. The first is because my baby isn’t a baby anymore. The second one is because I’m about to have a rude awakening and my life is about to get even crazier as I chase after two kids. I’m not going to lie. I enjoyed it when I could plop her down in a swing and she’d sit there and babble and coo and look around for a hour. Now I’m telling her not to chew on shoes, not to pick up the crumbs from the floor (yes I have crumbs, don’t judge) and to quit chewing on the cardboard box sitting in the entry. I just made my house sound like an epic disaster didn’t I?
Speaking of growing up today I was watching SnapChat (Follow me @JulieEatsandTreats!) and Dine and Dish posted about her baby going off to kindergarten and how she was crying. You know what happened? All the tears happened to this lady right here. I cried just thinking about Miss K going off to kindergarten in two years. This was the second time I cried today. Apparently I’m a bit hormonal or emotional or something! Completely ridiculous but I know it will be here before I know it because life is flying by.
Even though I don’t have a child to send off to school and welcome home with treats after their first day I’m still making you a special treat so you can do that with your kids! If you don’t have a child either to welcome home then you just need to make these and enjoy them because they are awesome. I kept going back and snitching more. They were chewy, crunchy and full of apples and cinnamon. My favorite two flavors for fall!
I lightened these granola bars up using Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend. My favorite secret ingredient because it helps me reduce the calories and sugar in these delicious treats while not sacrificing the flavor. Truvia® sweetener is natural, great-tasting sweetness that was born from the leaves of the stevia plant. These granola bars are bursting with apples, cinnamon and nuts. A perfect snack for a crisp fall day!
*This post was compensated by Truvia. All opinions are my own as always.
[Tweet “Delicious Chewy Cinnamon Apple Granola Bars Recipe! #granolabar #breakfast @julieseats”]
Chewy Cinnamon Apple Granola Bars Recipe
- 1 1/4 c. old fashioned oats
- 1/4 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c. flax seeds
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/8 cup c. Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 c. chopped dried apples
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9x9 inch baking dish by lining it with parchment paper, leaving excess hanging over sides for easy removal.
- Spread oats, sunflower seeds, nuts and flax seeds out in an even layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Baked for 5-10 minutes until the oats just start to brown and become fragrant. Watch closely.
- In a small saucepan bring honey, coconut oil and brown sugar blend to a simmer over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar for 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cereal, dried apples, cinnamon and salt. Stir in oats and honey mixture in and stir until mixture is well coated.
- Press mixture down in prepared 9x9 pan. Refrigerate for at least a hour before serving. Cut into bars.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @gimmesomegrilling on Instagram and hashtag it #julieseatsandtreats
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Looking for more Quick Breakfasts?
Apple Raisin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies ~ These easy, one-bowl breakfast cookies are made with oatmeal, apples, raisins and almond butter for a healthy, vegan breakfast, perfect for busy mornings!
Caramel Apple Muffins ~ Love Caramel Apples? Get all the flavor in these muffins full of caramel bits, cinnamon and apples!
Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins ~ Quick, Easy and Delicious Breakfast or Snack! Fluffy Egg Muffins with Ham & Cheese!