It’s another Secret Recipe Club Reveal day! This month I was assigned A Spoonful of Thyme for a blog. She had all kinds of recipes, but I choose the Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake because something about it had me saying “SUMMER” and I wasn’t disappointed.
The lemon isn’t overpowering at all. There’s just a hint of it so I could sneak it by my hubby. That’s right the man that doesn’t like blueberries or lemon actually liked this!
My mom stopped in to see baby Kinzee and this was fresh out of the oven so she snatched a piece and raved about it also. If you are looking for something fresh and summery for a treat I highly recommend this!
Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
Printer Friendly Recipe
1 3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
4 oz 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, softened
Zest of 1 lemon
1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 c. all-purpose flour, divided
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz lemon low-fat yogurt
Glaze – Optional
1/2 c. powdered sugar
4 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Beat first 3 ingredients in a mixer at medium speed until well-blended. Add eggs , one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- 3. In a small bowl, measure the 3 cups of flour. Remove 2 Tbsp and sprinkle over the blueberries, gently stirring and tossing to coat.
- 4. Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. Fold in blueberry mixture. Pour cake batter into a bundt pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Let cake cool completely.
- 7. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; drizzle over warm cake. Cut with a serrated knife. Optional!
*This post may include links to my Amazon.com affiliate account and Julie's Eats & Treats earns a few cents on the dollar if you purchase the items I share with you. Thank you for supporting my blog when you shop at Amazon!