Banana Split Ice Cream is made with fresh bananas, fresh cherries, pineapple, peanuts, and chopped chocolate – it tastes just like a banana split all in one fresh and fruity scoop. If you are looking for amazing homemade ice cream recipe this is it! It’s the perfect treat for a hot summer day.
I see lots and lots AND LOTS of no-churn ice cream recipes. They are everywhere! And I understand why they are so super popular. Not everyone has an ice cream churn! So I get it. I totally do.
Some of us have ice cream churns AKA ice cream makers.
And with all those no-churn recipes to satisfy that homemade ice cream craving, I was starting to feel left out with all my churning ways. I need recipes, too! Dang.
It’s like the old fashioned version of those self-serve fro-yo shops, except better X 1000.
All the fresh fruit in this is blowing my mind.
It tastes JUST LIKE a banana split – but you get all the flavor in one scoop instead of trying to figure out how you will manage an ice cream dish the size of a small watercraft.
Here’s a quick list of the ingredients you will need to make this homemade ice cream recipe. For the full recipe and complete directions scroll to the bottom of the post where the recipe card is! You can also print the recipe there!
Banana Split Ice Cream Ingredients!
- Granulated sugar
- Heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Fresh pineapple
- Fresh cherries
- Chopped peanuts
- Hershey bar
How to Make Banana Split Cream!
Mix the ingredients – Grab a bowl and mash the bananas and sugar together. Then mix in your cream, milk and vanilla. Whisk it together! Next just stire in the pineapple, cherries, nuts and chocolate.
Freeze – Place mixture in freezer for at least two hours.
Prepare in Ice Cream Maker – Pour mixture in ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Serve – Serve the ice cream immediately or store in the freezer!
You’ll need a churn for this recipe.
The result is this totally creamy, loaded-with-banana, and so much fresh fruit ice cream with salty bits of peanuts and chopped bits of chocolate studded all throughout. Want to make it extra-special? Top with some Blueberry Sauce or Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce!
This is end-of-summer ice cream love right here. It is, it is, it is.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes!
Love it? I knew you would! Rate it, please!! It would be awesome if you’d give it a five-star rating below!
If you snap any photos, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Banana Split Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 medium ripe bananas yellow and brown peel
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh pineapple coarsely chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 Hershey bar coarsely chopped into small pieces
- Mash the bananas and sugar together, then stir in the cream, milk, and vanilla. Whisk the mixture well for a minute or two.
- Stir in the pineapple, cherries, nuts and chocolate, and then place the mixture in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions for churning.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer.
2. I use a countertop ice cream maker and I love it! But it requires 2 things: a)the canister needs to be frozen prior to adding the chilled mixture to it to churn. I keep the clean canister stored in the freezer so it's ready whenever I need it! b)because this ice cream churn is on the smaller side and the volume of the ice cream increases as it churns, I usually add the mix to the canister in two batches so there's no mess. I store the churned ice cream in a freezer safe container.