Cookie Dough Ice Cream is the best homemade ice cream recipe ever! Who can pass up bits of cookie dough mixed into this smooth and sweet ice cream will have everyone screaming for more! I could eat a whole entire batch of this, but it’s best enjoyed with friends, right? Grab a spoon and dig into this ice cream on a hot summer day!
PIN IT HERE FOR LATER!
BEST Cookie Dough Ice Cream!
I’m wrapping up my week of ice cream recipes that I made just for you! The last one on my agenda was Cookie Dough Ice cream. I’m a BIG fan of DQ and their cookie dough Blizzard so I knew this one would be a winner in my book.
It takes a little extra work to make that cookie dough up instead of just throwing in a few prepackaged cookies like my Nutter Butter Ice Cream and Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, but it’s totally worth it.
The Nitty Gritty on Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe!
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Ingredients
How to make Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Quick Tips & Tricks for Cookie Dough Ice Cream!
Here are a few of the more frequently asked questions when it comes to making homemade cookie dough ice cream.
If you have a question that isn’t answered please leave us a comment below and we will do our best to answer it!
Can you eat raw flour in cookie dough?
I did, but it can contain E. coli. If you are worried about this please heat treat your cookie dough!
How do you heat treat flour?
It’s pretty quick, easy and painless! Simply spread your flour onto a baking sheet and baked for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let it cool completely.
By carrying out this toasting process you are killing off any bacteria that might be lingering in your flour before you make the ice cream!
How do I store homemade ice cream?
How long does homemade ice cream stay good for?
I hope you enjoyed this week of ice cream treats and I’ll be back to regular recipes next week! Don’t worry for all you ice cream lovers out there I’m sure I’ll throw in a few more recipes through out the summer.
Love it? I knew you would! Rate it, please!! It would be awesome if you’d give it a five-star rating below!
If you snap any photos, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
- 5 Tbsp butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips chopped
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. half and half
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together butter and brown sugar together for the cookie dough until smooth. Add vanilla and mix well then add the flour and combine.
- Stick the bowl in the fridge or freezer for a little bit and let it harden up a bit so it stays together when you mix it in the ice cream.
- For the ice cream in a large mixing bowl combine, heavy cream, half and half, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into ice cream maker and prepare according to according to directions.
- In the last few minutes mix in the cookie dough by small teaspoons.
- Store in the freezer.