Cajun Shrimp Boil Foil Packets ~ Foil Packets Stuffed with Potatoes, Salmon, Shrimp, Summer Sausage, Corn and Seasoned with Cajun Seasoning! The Perfect Grilling Recipe!
When summer rolls around I’m all for grilling a juicy burger or brat, but as the summer continues I quickly tire of said burger and brat so I’m always on the lookout for something new to try. We grill a ton at the cabin on the weekends. I think this is mainly because I can delegate this part of the meal to the hubs and he only grumbles a little once in a while and I get to take a bit of a break. You know what else is awesome about the cabin? The fact that my mom does all the dishes! I typically take care of the meal and she does the dishes. I’m all for that. I hate dishes and would much rather make the food than do them. We do have a dishwasher so she’s not standing there forever and don’t worry I chip in once in a while!
While scrounging around the world wide web looking for some grilling inspiration I came upon quite a few foil packs that you can use on the grill. They all looked amazing and I’ve never made a foil pack before so I figured now was the time! I’m also a huge fan of shrimp on the grill so this version was speaking to my heart, errrr stomach. When it said it has summer sausage in it I may have raised my eyebrows a little bit, but wow that is amazing on the grill! You have to try this!
This concept is also handy because if you are truly roughing it at a campground or in the wilderness, both places you won’t find me ever, you can cook the foil pack right over the fire if you don’t have a grill! It comes together quickly and is super easy to make and when you are relaxing on the weekend you don’t want to have to work to hard because usually I’m to busy enjoying a Skinny Spiked Strawberry Lemonade to work to long. If you need a quick weeknight meal Tater Tot Meatball Foil Packets is another perfect meal too! Plus hardly any dishes so that’s fantastic for Mom when she’s your dish washing slave!
Be sure to try Cajun Broiled Shrimp Recipe – Quick, Easy Broiled Shrimp Perfect for a Light & Healthy Weeknight Dinner, Fancy Enough for Date Night and Delicious Enough for a Party Appetizer!
- 4 red potatoes diced
- 2 6 oz each salmon fillets, cut crosswise in half
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb summer sausage diced
- 2 ears sweet corn cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 medium lemon cut into four wedges
- Cut four pieces of heavy duty foil about 18 in x 12 in.
- Divide potatoes, salmon, shrimp, sausage and corn between the four pieces of foil. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Squeeze lemon juice over top then place squeezed wedges in packets. Foil foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with forks, shrimp turn pink and potatoes are tender. Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape.
Adapted from: Taste of Home