Bean salad is a delicious and easy side dish recipe that is perfect for potlucks, picnics, holidays and BBQ’s! It has five different types of beans, corn, pepper and a delicious homemade dressing. The Black Bean and Corn Salad even easy and quick enough to throw together for a side dish for a busy dinner!
I’m very excited to be sharing this easy side dish recipe with you all today. Without further ado, let’s get to this delicious Colorful Bean Salad which is loaded with five different types of beans, corn and a delicious dressing as the final touch.
I feel like side dishes always get the back burner. Especially in my house. I always worry about what the main dish is going to be, then the side dish is always something simple, like frozen veggies or potatoes. But that needs to change.
There are times that the side dish makes the meal complete!
For instance, you have a simple piece of grilled chicken, but add some delicious sides and you have one awesome meal. Now there are side dishes that take more time than the main entree, but who has time for that. Not me!
My hubby always loves when I buy the bean salad from Costco, but it’s a huge jar and almost goes to waste. I also really like the freshness that you get out of this bean salad. The beans and onion add a nice crunch and the chili sauce adds a robust flavor.
Ingredients Needed for Black Bean and Corn Salad
- frozen corn
- kidney beans
- red beans
- white kidney beans
- lima beans
- black beans
- sliced ripe olives
- green bell pepper
- chili sauce
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- dried oregano
Black Bean and Corn Salad FAQs!
Here are a few quick tips and tricks to make the BEST Black Bean and Corn salad that everyone will be sure to enjoy!
I promise this is going to be your new go-to recipe when you need a dish for a potluck, backyard BBQ or to finish off your dinner!
Does Bean Salad need to be refrigerated?
Yes, refrigerate leftovers.
How long will bean salad keep?
Cover it well and refrigerate. This salad will keep in your fridge for 3-5 days.
Does bean salad freeze well?
Surprisingly yes! You can freeze this salad. It should keep frozen up to three months.
Bean Salad Recipe
You can also make this colorful Bean Salad a meal of its own. Score!! Throw some rotisserie chicken in there and you have a perfect lunch the next day.
This salad is perfect for a busy day because come on who has time to be in the kitchen when you’ve been working all day and have kids to bath. The one suggestion I have for this dish is to make it before you start cooking your main dish.
This salad needs to refrigerate for at least an hour so all the flavors can come together. Hope you enjoy this salad as much as my family does! Enjoy!!
How to make Bean Salad Recipe
- Mix together the dressing in a small bowl, add the chili sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the bean salad. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.
More Side Dish Recipes!
What to serve with Black Bean and Corn Salad
Be sure and comment below with a five-star rating below!!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 can 16 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 16 ounces red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15.5 ounces white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15.5 ounces lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 2 1/4 ounces sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Using a large bowl, add the first nine ingredients.
- Using a glass measuring cup or small bowl, add the chili sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour liquid mixture over bean mixture. Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Connect with Cyndi here!