Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe – Deliciously moist and fluffy double chocolate chip banana bread that is loaded with chocolate flavor, and stuffed full of chocolate chunks! All chocolate lovers will adore this delicious banana bread!
Who else enjoys a slice or two of banana bread for breakfast, or maybe even for a snack? How about chocolate banana bread? Well, today I bring you just that – Double Chocolate Banana Bread! ♥ This double chocolate chip banana bread recipe is loaded with flavor from both the bananas and chocolate. It is incredibly moist, and is a mix between fluffy and dense. Throw in some chocolate chips or chunks for the ultimate chocolate lover’s bread.
Seriously, if you love banana bread and chocolate, you are gonna LOVE this bread recipe.
This double chocolate chip banana bread is super quick and easy to throw together – no mixer required. Simply grab a couple of mixing bowls and a spatula, and you’re ready to go!
This Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe is:
- Deliciously moist and fluffy
- So quick and easy to make
- Loaded with banana and chocolate flavour
- Stuffed full of chocolate chunks
To make this Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe, simply whisk together the dry ingredients (including chocolate chunks) in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another. Combine the two mixtures together (avoid over-mixing), then pour into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Top with extra chocolate chunks if desired!
Bake for about 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean with a few moist crumbs. You may want to cover the loaf with foil halfway through baking to prevent it from browning too much.
Ingredients for Double Chocolate Banana Bread:
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips OR chunks
- vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
- greek-style yogurt
Simple, basic ingredients that you probably already have at home!
Have some chocolate banana bread leftover? You can keep in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months! Whenever I crave a slice or two, I like to warm mine up in the microwave for a few seconds… warm, melt-y chocolate perfection.
Although, there usually isn’t any left of this Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread if you can imagine that!
Try these delicious bread recipes next!
- Carrot Cake Loaf
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Monkey Bread
- Chocolate and Orange Hot Cross Buns
I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 and 1/2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 312g
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50g
- 3/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 150g
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips OR chunks 175g
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 3 large bananas mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 80ml
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt 240g
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Toss in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, banana, vanilla, vegetable oil, and yogurt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. The batter will be quite thick. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cover loosely with aluminium foil halfway through baking to prevent the bread from browning too much. Leave to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before slicing and serving.