French Onion Oven Potatoes Recipe – A super easy potato side dish roasted in the oven and packed with flavor!
The hustle and bustle of back-to-school has already started for us down here in South Louisiana. My kids were very ready to go back. They just love being in a routine, and I do too! Recipes like this one are a must when I’m trying to help everyone with homework before we have to head off to cheer practice. It would be perfect to go along with meatloaf or baked chicken!
It is super simple to prepare and basically just involves stirring it all together in a mixing bowl and dumping it out into a casserole dish. Off to the oven it goes, where all the roasting magic happens. They are packed with flavor from the french onion soup too. Hope you enjoy! I’ve also included some other great side dishes down below!
French Onion Oven Potatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 medium size potatoes I used Yukon Gold, sliced into 1/2 thick half slices
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 stick butter cubed
- 1 10 oz. can french onion soup
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- crushed black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drizzle olive oil in a 9 x 13 casserole dish and spread it to coat the bottom.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, onions, butter, french onion soup, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until potatoes are fork tender.
Connect with Jaren:
Looking for other side dishes?