Jell-O Patriotic Parfaits
Easy to make Jell-O Patriotic Parfaits are easy to make for summer parties! Layers of red and blue Jell-O with Cool Whip. They are cool, refreshing treat for snacks or desserts, plus the kids love them.
Need an easy dessert for the 4th of July or Memorial Day? These easy jell-o patriotic parfaits are so cute and super simple to make! Kids and adults alike will love this fun dessert. It’s perfect for all ages and the patriotic colors make it ideal for any American celebration!
In fact, this recipe is even a great base idea to switch around for any holiday. All you have to do is change the colors of jello you use and you can make an easy themed dessert in no time.
While you’re waiting for the jello to set for this easy 4th of July dessert, you can make some 4th of July sugar cookies or red, white and blue mini cheesecakes to make that dessert table even more festive. Your fireworks show will have the perfect sweet treats accompanying it this year!
Why You’ll Love Jell-O Patriotic Parfaits
- It only takes 10 minutes to prep the jello for a patriotic jello parfait. So prep the jello ahead of time and let it set in the fridge until you need it!
- You can easily double or triple this recipe to make a large amount of 4th of July jello parfaits.
- This easy dessert is perfect if you need a sugar free option. Just swap the jello for a sugar free jello and make sure you grab sugar free Cool Whip.
Ingredients for Jell-O Patriotic Parfaits
- Unflavored gelatin – Using unflavored gelatin along with the jell-o mix helps give the jello more structure so that you can cut it into squares that hold together!
- Jello – You’ll need berry blue jello for the blue color and then use strawberry or cherry for red.
- Boiling water – Boil water in a saucepan or a tea kettle. An electric tea kettle would be a super quick way to boil the water.
- Cool whip – Cool whip is easiest, but you can absolutely make your own homemade whipped cream and use that in this 4th of July jello.
- Sprinkles – These are optional, but sprinkles make everything more fun!
How to Make Patriotic Jello Parfaits
- Grab two 8×8 glass and set them aside to use later.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together berry blue jell-o and four packets of unflavored gelatin.
- Boil 4 ½ cups of water in a saucepan or tea kettle.
- Then, carefully pour boiling water over the jell-o and gelatin mixture and stir for 2-3 minutes until completely dissolved. Pour the liquid into a square baking dish and place it into the refrigerator for 4 hours, or until it is set.
- Repeat the process with strawberry jello in a separate square dish.
- Once the Jell-O is set, cut it into even small squares and layer the squares into parfait glass with cool whip in between the layers.
Can I store leftover patriotic jello parfaits?
These don’t store super well, but leftovers may last about 24 hours. The cool whip may start to get runny and the sprinkles will begin to bleed the longer it is stored.
If you know you’ll have leftovers, just keep the jello in the square baking dish and cover it well. Storing the jello separately will make it last about one week! Just cut into squares and add to a parfait cup as needed.
Can I add alcohol to these Jello parfaits?
You can sure experiment and see if adding alcohol works, but I haven’t tried it! However, you can just make these easy jell-o shots instead, and save this 4th of July jello as a family friendly treat.
Can I use kool-aid jello?
Absolutely! Just check the flavors on Kool-aid jello and be sure you buy packets that will pair well together, and will also taste good with Cool Whip.
Can I add fruit to these Jell-O Patriotic Parfaits?
Fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries would be great in these parfaits! You can also top each parfait with a maraschino cherry.
- Keep the jello and Cool Whip cold until you’re ready to slice it up and serve it in parfait dishes! The colder it is, the better it will serve up and I just think cold jello tastes better.
- If you don’t have parfait dishes, you can purchase disposable plastic ones or use mason jars.
- Get adventurous with the sprinkles! Feel free to use any fun sprinkles you can find.
This patriotic 4th of July dessert is so easy to make and is always a hit! Make your party extra festive with fun desserts and tasty food.
More 4th of July Recipes You’ll Love
- Are you a cake person? Then make this 4th of July Cake to satisfy that craving and keep those desserts on the patriotic theme!
- These 4th of July Cupcakes are so pretty an are the perfect shareable treat! They’d be great to bring to a party that you aren’t hosting.
- Ice cream is such a refreshing treat when you’re having an outdoor 4th of July party! Make some Red, White, and Blue Ice Cream for extra festive fun.
- There’s nothing more patriotic than the perfect burger at a cook-out! Make these Rodeo Burgers for lunch at your next Memorial Day or 4th of July party.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Patriotic Jell-O Parfaits
- 3 boxes Berry Blue Jell-O mix 3 oz each
- 3 boxes Strawberry Jell-O mix 3 oz each
- 2 boxes unflavored gelatin 1 oz each envelope (8 envelopes), divided
- 9 cups boiling water divided
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- Sprinkles optional
- Set out two 8” x 8” pans.
- Heat 4 ½ c. water in a saucepan to boiling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Berry Blue Jell-O and 4 envelopes of unflavored gelatin.
- Carefully pour the boiling water over the Jell-O mixture and stir 2-3 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Pour into square pan. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Repeat with Strawberry Jell-O.
- After the Jell-O is set, cut it into small squares and layer in parfait glasses with Cool Whip. Sprinkle with sprinkles on top of whipped topping if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment