Looking for a new salad to bring to a friend’s house, holiday, potluck or backyard BBQ? Lettuce Frito Salad is what you need! A combination of lettuce, bacon, cranberries and corn ships that’s tossed in tangy, homemade Poppy Seed Dressing.
This Lettuce Frito Salad is what I’m bringing to holiday, potluck, backyard BBQ and more if I’m in charge of a salad! I love the tangy poppy seed dressing, fresh, crisp lettuce, bacon bits, tart cranberries, cheese and of course those crisp Frito chips!
I’m all about a little crunch and they are the perfect ending touch on this salad!
Listed below are the ingredients for the homemade poppy seed dressing that’s delicious, followed by the ingredients for the salad.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- Canola oil
- Cider vinegar
- Prepared yellow mustard
- Poppy seeds
- Corn chips – We like Fritos!
- Bacon bits – Or fry bacon and crumble
- Mozzarella cheese – Pre-shredded is fine in the recipe.
- Dried cranberries
Steps to Prepare
It’s so quick and easy! Mix up the dressing then toss the salad together.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- First you want to make the dressing by combining oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, sugar and onion in blender.
- Cover; process until smooth in blender.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Then you just place salad ingredients in large bowl; toss with dressings. Serve immediately.
Make Ahead Tips!
You can make this the night before.
Just chop the lettuce and assemble. Make sure to leave the dressing and chips off until right before you serve it.
If you are only going to eat a small portion of it just take out the amount you want and toss it with a little dressing. Cover the rest of the salad in an airtight container and pop into the fridge for later!
If you want to mix up your salad game for your next party you have to try this one.
The perfect blend of sweet, crunchy and savory. Everyone will be asking for the recipe and grabbing seconds!
More Salad Recipes!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 3/4 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp poppy seeds
- 12 c. chopped lettuce
- 9.25 oz package corn chips we prefer Fritos
- 1 c. bacon bits
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz package dried cranberries
- Make dressing by combining oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, sugar and onion in blender. Cover; process until smooth in blender. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Place salad ingredients in large bowl; toss with dressings. Serve immediately.
- If not serving immediately store in fridge in airtight container. Add dressing and toss before servings.
- If not serving all at once just take the amount you would like to eat out and top that with dressing. Store the rest of the salad and dressing in fridge.