Nutter Butter Rice Krispie Bars Recipe
Nutter Butter Rice Krispie Bars Recipe ~ Quick, No Bake Rice Krispies Bars Loaded with Nutter Butter Cookies for the Perfect Peanut Butter Overload!
This past weekend I went out to my mom’s house while the hubby went over to a friends house to install a counter top. Sometimes I just need “mom” time. Well actually probably more than adult should need, but there is just this “understanding” between me and my mom. She’s probably my best friend. Yup without a doubt. So when I went out there I grabbed some ingredients, the ones I had and knew she’d have the rest to try out a new bar recipe. She played with Miss K while I got to work. Let’s just say – EPIC FAIL. It was supposed to be this yummy peanut butter infused bar and well we had a good laugh as we all tried to get the overly peanut buttery bar off the top of our mouths. My little bro was making so much fun of me I had tears I was laughing so hard. Let’s just say it went straight into the garbage along with the recipe. Just so you know not everything turns out that I make. You only see the best!I had to redeem myself so a couple days later I tried this recipe. I figured by looking at the ingredients there was no way possible that this could be another EPIC FAIL. I was right! These super yummy treats are thicker than a regular Rice Krispie Bar and have just the right amount peanut butter unlike the other recipe!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Nutter Butter Rice Krispie Bars
- 1 16 oz package of Nutter Butter Cookies, chopped
- 6 c. rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 2 10.5 oz bags mini marshmallows
- In a large sauce pan melt your butter and peanut butter over low heat.
- Still on low heat, add the marshmallows to the mixture and stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in your rice krispies and chopped Nutter Butter cookies.
- When combined, pour mixture into prepared pan and press evenly.
- Allow to cool, about 20-30 minutes and cut into squares.
Recipe Adapted From: Cookies and Cups
Leave a Comment