Pesto Chicken Pillows are chicken, pesto and cheese wrapped up in a soft croissant. Only 4 Ingredients and 30 Minutes until Dinner is Served!
You know when you want to make a super fancy dinner, but you don’t want to take a long time or make a ton of dirty dishes? I have just the ticket for you today with these Chicken Pesto Pillows.
All you need are four ingredients: cooked, shredded chicken, pesto, shredded mozzarella cheese, and croissant dough.
I get most of my ingredients from Costco. They have bottles of pesto and bags of shredded mozzarella cheese. (If you want to make your own pesto, you can use my recipe here). You can use a rotisserie chicken for the chicken meat as well. I bake chicken breasts and shred them myself. You will also need un-cooked croissant dough. My Costco doesn’t have this, but you can find this dough in the refrigerated section of any supermarket. It’s often in the same general area as the cheese, juice, and yogurt.
The first thing you will do is just mix your chicken, pesto, and cheese together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Then you’ll grab two cans of croissant dough and pop them open. Once you open the cans, unroll the dough and put it down on a cutting board. Instead of separating the dough into triangles, leave it in rectangles, and press the perforations together.
Spoon about 1/4 cup (give or take) of your chicken/pesto/mozzarella mixture onto each rectangle.
Then just fold the corners up over the middle, one by one.
For the last flap, you may need to stretch it around so that it covers everything and there are no holes.
Then you just place the chicken balls onto an un-greased cookie sheet. I brushed mine with some olive oil and then sprinkled on some Italian seasoning.
A quick 12-15-minute trip in a 375-degree oven is all it takes to finish these magical, delightful balls of pesto, chicken, and cheese.
Look at that flaky, tender croissant with the yummy chicken pesto mix.
To re-heat any leftovers, I will pop these in the microwave for about 20 seconds, and then put them in a 350-degree toaster oven for about 5 minutes. I just like for my croissant to stay a little crispy, which is why I finish re-heating it in the oven.
The next time you’ve got dinner guests, whip up some of these Chicken Pesto Pillows for an unexpected, super delicious main dish.
Pesto Chicken Pillows
- 2-3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans uncooked crescent rolls
- Mix the shredded chicken, pesto and cheese together in medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Open the cans of crescent rolls and separate the dough into large rectangles. Press the perforated edges together.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the center of each rectangle.
- Fold the dough over the top of the chicken mixture, one corner at a time, until the mixture is well-covered and there are no holes. Stretch the dough as necessary.
- Place the chicken balls onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until the tops of the chicken balls are golden brown.
Connect with Melissa Here!
For some great sides, try these!